Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

Post How is Supermans comeback? ;) (Spoilers included)

Ok folks, before I leave civilization, IŽd love to read some small reviews of yours, or at least opinions. I am pretty sure almost everyone is gonna see it. We in Czech will have to wait one more month to get it, so I am curious if it really is worth next waiting...So as soon as u see it > write!!
    thx
    st39.6
    Me angry! WhereŽs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I'm seeing it tonight at about 10:20 so...I dunno if you'll still be around by the time I get back to you, but I'll post some thoughts here for sure.

It's got a 76% over at Rotten Tomatos right now, which I guess seems pretty good. I'm looking forward to it

Credits
    Yep, IŽll find some way 2 get here in that time

Credits
    you know what...I thought it was pretty good, but I wouldn't say fantastic. It had some good humour, good action....everything you're going to expect. But it's not quite over the top. Maybe it's me?

Worth the ticket price for sure though. There are a few sequences that are really awesome, and the story is pretty well written.

Go see it.

Credits
    that doesnt seem that enthusiastically....I hope sbdy else will be more happy with it...hmm
    and what about fight sceens? is it good? I hope characters are done well...

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6
    that doesnt seem that enthusiastically....I hope sbdy else will be more happy with it...hmm
    and what about fight sceens? is it good? I hope characters are done well...
    besides the fights being rather one sided (come on - it's SUPERMAN, you expect to have a fighting chance, you silly bank robber?)

The scene with the plane you saw in the trailer...pretty fantastic. I sat there thinking "well...this just keeps getting more and more out of control." almost to the point where it was rediculious. "What's the worst thing that could happen from this point?" and it happens constantly

But it's the Man of Steel - if it was easy, they wouldn't need him

Credits
    Just saw it, thought it was good, but like Marcus, nothing too great.

At least nothing compared to the reaction I got from Spider-Man.

This movie has numerous flaws, it sort of just dumps you in the middle of this huge story without much explenation and the most recent Superman film being how many years ago?

Then it just jumps around all storylines, and same themes keep getting revisited over and over, Lex is not as ingenious as I'd think he'd be and I found everyone's acting to be a tad "flat."

Great action, great CGI, but towards the end you'll be wondering about a lot of things that don't make any sense, spontanous revivals, unclear alliegences, and even inconsistiencies with the Marvel universe.

Worth seeing....but Spidey is guy we're waiting for.

j7wild Guest
    guess I won't pay the extra $$$ for DLP or IMAX

Credits
    i half expected it to be "just ok" so i whont be to diserpointed.... i will how ever be first in line when it opens here in denmark witch is in 2 mounths.. lol

Fed7haS
    She's just too pretty for Hollywood. I don't know, put her in a glass box and display her at the Metropolitan Museum of Art or something. - Jake on the topic of Scarlett Johansson.

Credits
    ***Spoilers ahead***

Hmmm were to start...

I like the way the movie starts, like the old version of Superman (in the 80')

-The first action scene is INCREDIBLE the hair on my arms were strait up (the plan scene)

-The cast was amazing, Brandon Routh was a veeeeery good Superman so Was Spacey in the role of Luthor

-I found the movie to be a bit slow sometimes

The things i didn't like

-Superman as a son?? WTF?!?!?

-How the hell Superman get a meteorite or the transport thing that he use to get back to earth. He said that when i got there the place was a graveyard.

-Were did he found his black costume? maby he'll give it to Spider-man in SM3 ...joking...

-How did Superman/Clark father died?

-When Luthor punch Superman for the first time why didn't he get up and defended himself against Luthor's goon?

-If Kryptonite he deadly to Superman why was he able to lift the entire island with some in his face?

For sure i'll go to see it again (It's worth the 7$ just for the scene with the plane)

For now i give it a 7.5 / 10

Credits
    MORE SPOILERS HEHE

In the hospital his heart stops beating....but noooooo....they keep a dead guy in anyway, and wow, miraculously he comes alive

Same point about the island, guy flies there, feels fine, but Luthor says Kryptonite and he starts falling apart, wtf?

Yeah the son thing is ridiculous, yeah when did he exactly sleep with Lois? Huh? Not only were they NEVER intimate but THE GUY WAS GONE FOR FIVE YEARS! unless it's some slooooooooooooow 5 year pregnancy....

Lex Luthor "pleasured" the old woman, ewwwwww...thanks for totally ****ing up a great villain.

what else what else

Frequent trips to space, but noone needs oxygen...hmmm.

Superman comes back to Earth in the SAME SHIP he used to get here as an infant.

Kate Bosworth doesn't do a nude scene? Wtf is up with that?

It's just too much.

Credits
    Re: Jake's Spoliers {so...MORE SPOILERS, PEOPLE!!! }

Here be spoilers:

Lex's little "anna nicole smith" move was pretty funny, but not really fitting.

The kid looked to be about 5 years old, so that's about right

And I'm sure superman flies into space all the time?

=====
    Done Spoliers
    =====

At the end of the day...the movie is alright and has it's moments, but a Superman film needs to blow you away just to live up to the name.

Credits

Spoiler alert

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Yeah the son thing is ridiculous, yeah when did he exactly sleep with Lois? Huh? Not only were they NEVER intimate but THE GUY WAS GONE FOR FIVE YEARS! unless it's some slooooooooooooow 5 year pregnancy....
    To answer that question, one has to take into account that Superman Returns ' story arc (sort of) picks up where Superman II has left off (or, dare I say, the Donner cut of Superman II which is yet to be seen). But apparently III and IV never happened.

In Superman II, Superman gave up his power for Lois and right after that they slept together. That, I would think, is when Jason's conceived.

I think Jason's about 5 years old? So if Superman disappeared shortly after defeating General Zod, that explains things.

(I know crash-coursing the previous 4 Superman movies over the weekend would pay off.)

And slightly off-topic: The movie is great. It is long but 2.5 hours went by just like that. It would have been perfect though if it wasn't for the punk sitting next to me tossing, turning as if something's biting his rectum area, checking his phone, competitng elbow space with me, breathing heavily, swearing before movie started... Obviously the type that should have gone to see Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift next door but saw the wrong movie... You get the idea...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman
    It would have been perfect though if it wasn't for the punk sitting next to me tossing, turning as if something's biting his rectum area, checking his phone, competitng elbow space with me, breathing heavily, swearing before movie started... Obviously the type that should have gone to see Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift next door but saw the wrong movie... You get the idea...
    Strange... cos i could have sworn i was sitting next to that dude on my last 11 trips to the cinema.. he must be traveling...

Fed7haS

Credits
    yeah the kid thing works out, it was my error as I was in a writing frenzy....hehe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast