Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel

This is just funny as hell... aparently Joel Siegel walked out on Clerks 2 cos he had some isues with the material in the movie... this is a recording of Kevin Smith owning him "ON AIR" on a radio show

Enjoy!!

http://www.viewaskew.com/kevin/joelsiegel.mp3

Fed7haS

j7wild Guest
    Joel Siegel is a Movie-Critic Wannabee!!

Half of the movies he didn't like are Good and most of the movies he recommends are Crap!!

Credits
    I personally side with Kevin Smith on this and Joel Siegel was a disrespectful assclown. You don't do stuff like that if you are going to walk out of a movie you get up quietly and leave you do not start swearing and turn your leaving into a big production. I'm compleatly on Kevin Smith's side and Clerk 2 was awesome and that is all I can say about that.

Credits
    Same here. Kevin Smith is the man, and Joel Siegel is lame. I hardly ever agree with his reviews.

Credits
    I didn't even know who Joel Siegel was until this whole mess.

I love Kevin Smith's movies. I saw him live, and he's a fun guy. He seems really down to earth - the way you would imagine your best friend being if he somehow got rich doing what he loves.

All of that aside though, and even if you HATE Smith's movies, you have to agree that Siegel's actions were out of line. If your review is "so bad I walked out 40 minutes in because I can't tollerate dirty words." then that's fine. It says a lot about how well you do your job as a movie critic, but that's a different thread.

The fact that he whined and screamed and made a scene as he was leaving is unprofessional, disrespectful and unforgivable.

If a 15 year old has her cell phone go off in the theater, I'd be pissed, but get over it. If a small child starts crying at a PG or G rated movie, that's forgivable as well, as long as the parent gets the child out of the theater so the rest of us can get back to enjoying (or hating) the movie.

But the fact that a PROFESSIONAL did this. Remember, kids: His JOB is going to the theater, and writting about it. This is inexcusable. If I threw a hissy fit at work because I didn't want to do something, I'd be fired or laughed out of the company and so embarassed I wouldn't WANT to come back.

In short, you'll notice in the recording that they jokingly ask him to resign, and do it once. I'm NOT joking.

Joel Siegel: You are not only a horrible movie critic, but a poor example of how to behave in public. Resign as a movie critic and find another job.