Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Angry This is Ridiculous!! Positively, Absolutely Ridiculous!!

This is just getting Absurd and Ridiculous:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/terror_plot_passengers

No carry on items like toothpaste, shampoo, mouthwash, contact lens solutions, bottled of drinking water, soda, etc.

You are supposed to buy the stuff at your destination from now on.

There are businessmen like my Brother that travels to 3 or 4 different cities in a week;

what's he supposed to do?

Buy one of each item, use part of it, throw it out before he gets on the next plane and buy it again at his next destination.

I am all for Airport Security but this is just getting ridiculous!!

Not even Bottled Water; buy it on the plane at $5 a bottle!!

President Bush says we are WINNING the WAR on TERRORISM.

I beg to differ.

The TERRORISTS have won!!

They are making an ENTIRE World change its way of life!!

Credits
    I have no problem with any of these changes.
    All of these things can still be brought in luggage that you check at the gate.
    You just can't carry them on.

Who can't go a few hours on a plane without toothpaste, shampoo and mouthwash?

Either you check or buy the stuff when you land, or you die.
    How's that for a reality check?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    President Bush says we are WINNING the WAR on TERRORISM.

I beg to differ.

The TERRORISTS have won!!

They are making an ENTIRE World change its way of life!!

Change the word "World" with "USA" and it would be alot more accurate.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet View Post
    Who can't go a few hours on a plane without toothpaste, shampoo and mouthwash?
    germaphobes?

I agree there's no reason to have shampoo in your carry on, you don't need it until the hotel (or perhaps the airport washroom if you're really rushed)

But the bottom line is that although this closes one more obvious security hole, if someone is determined, it's gonna happen one way or another.

Credits
    it would just mean that the airlines will provide those things in the plane. In those special classes, u get small bag of goodies like toothpaste, mouthwash, etc every time u go on a plane. Plus, all hotels and such provide that too. No problem with these changes unless u consider toothpaste a way of life
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 08-11-2006 at 06:45 AM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    another reason that i don't fly commercial .... if i can't drive there, then i don't go. simple as that......
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Haven't you seen Austin Powers? Toothpaste, used properly can be deadly.

In any case, I agree that it's not necessary to keep that kind of stuff in carry-on. If you want to use your own soap, shampoo, etc. you can leave it in your main luggage. I personally don't shower while on the plane.

Soda and water is usually provided on the plane at no charge. Maybe not bottled, but oh well.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest
    well there are people who are only going somewhere for a day and they only have one piece of luggage that's not large enough to require check in.

when I went to Florida for vacation, I only have one carry on bag and no checked in luggage;

my wife is the one who brought the whole house in 3 suitcases.

Anyway:

This is the how many times we heard of the British Police busting up a suspected Al-Qaeida related terrorist ring and then there was the other time the Canadian Police did the same.

But we hardly ever hear of American Law Enforcement agencies doing the same.

Are American Law Enforcement agencies not making any progress?

Also these people make a good point here:

http://www.xopl.com/blog/2006/08/10/crockofshit.html

Credits
    i think its good when the media don't tell us about the operations anti-crime organisations do. U should be happy j7wild for them not telling you. Gives everyone else less ideas of what to do themselves.

Credits
    God some people are stupid.
    I'm ashamed to be of the same species as people.

It's just a scam to boost sales for those items inside terminals and on planes. "No sir, I can't let you keep that sandwich; that mayo could be a concealed explosive. However, be sure to check out the lovely sub shop inside our airport."
    Actually, my friend thinks this is just a promotional stunt for the World Trade Center movie.