Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Haley Joel Osment charged with drunk driving and drug possession

Ported from IMDB news:

Osment Charged With Drunk Driving and Drug Possession

Former child star Haley Joel Osment has been charged with drunk driving and marijuana possession following his car crash in Los Angeles last month. The Sixth Sense star, 18, was formally charged with the misdemeanors yesterday in Los Angeles. According to website Tmz.com, the teenager has also been charged with driving with a .08 blood alcohol level or higher and the infraction of driving under the age of 21 with a blood alcohol level of .05 or higher. The charges relate to his car crash last month, after Osment lost control of his Saturn and collided with a brick pillar in a Hollywood suburb. The young actor was treated for a broken rib and a shoulder injury at a nearby hospital.
    This is so sad for 2 reasons:

1) It seemed like The Sixth Sense and A.I. only came out yesterday. (It seemed like I DLed those trailers yesterday!) All of a sudden, Haley Joel is 18.

2) That he is not immune from going through the path of fallen child stars. Now I'm really worry about Dakota Fanning in 5-6 years time.

Credits
    happens to them all....it is not so sad that it happened to this particular person. what's sad is that this is a known "condidtion" in all holllywood and nothing is ever done about it while tons and tons of teens go thru this....

it is a sad shame that america and hollywood uses these kids and then tosses them.... and nothing is done about it.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    There are some exceptions. Anna Paquin, the second-youngest Oscar winner ever is still doing fine (X-Men trilogy) and Kirsten Dunst. Maybe he will return in a couple of years, like Christian Bale

Credits
    I should probably explain a bit: I said it's sad cos when he was a bankable star, Haley Joel's image looked very promising in the future. As far as I can recall, there wasn't any negative news about him like what happened to Drew Barrymore or Macaulay Culkin. Now, all of a sudden, he's drunk driving and smoking grass. What went wrong in between?

Anna Paquin kinda doesn't count cos she's a Kiwi ( ). But I agree Kirsten Dunst (and Christina Ricci?) are the rare positive exceptions. The roles they chose to play, on the other hand...

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by editman View Post
    ... and smoking grass. What went wrong in between?...
    what's wrong with smoking grass ??

Credits
    Well as long as he is not putting other ppls lives on the line by drunk driving he can do what ever he whants with his life.. drink, drugs what ever.. hell i do all of that and have no problem with it.

Fed7haS

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by red bear View Post
    what's wrong with smoking grass ??
    Nothing. But put it this way: it's just hard to imagine David the Boy Robot getting high/doing the bedroom scene in Eyes Wide Shut.

Like I said, Haley Joel had a wholesome image before the incident, or so I thought.

Credits
    originally posted by editman
    Anna Paquin kinda doesn't count cos she's a Kiwi
    Most people over here have their heads scewed on right. I'm probably one of the few exceptions

Oh movie-list oh movie-list I wish I knew how to quit you

j7wild Guest
    what's a Kiwi?

Credits
    A kiwi eats roots shoots and leaves. Whats A Yahoo Slurp Spider?

Don't bother answering I already found out, but I want to see a photo of one.

They are everywhere today , but mostly on some of your posts j7wild. Are they completely harmless?
    Last edited by oldfart52; 08-20-2006 at 12:24 AM. Reason: felt like it

j7wild Guest
    Slurp Spider in my posts?

what are you talking about?

Credits
    Check out Currently Active Users section. We are under attack!

j7wild Guest
    I googled it and I came up with this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175051

is it GOOD or BAD that Yahoo Slurp Spiders are viewing this site?

Credits
    hahaha, guyz this is SO OT anyway I like it...never thought bout those Yahoo people, anyway I guess it´s good for the forum. Maybe it overloads servers, but I dont think it SO bad and till it is, every new guest is a good one - doesnt matter if they are gonna be users or not. For example my web is very much visited from search webs coz of its database. And its good for us - as for advertisers for example.

As for thread theme
    I never considered this boy to become some kinda star in the future. Not him since I saw him in that movie with A. Hopkins (dont ask me for name), I already knew he´s never to become adult-star (ergh....u know what I mean and what I dont ). He´s typical kind of young-star to "die" in the moment he reaches teenage. Same with almost all youngstars, this is to be their destiny.
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Yahoo Slurp Spider is a a bot that gets links for the Yahoo search engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast