Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Stargate SG-1: CANCELLED

Credits
    How odd, I had thought SG1 was SciFi's biggest show.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest
    Didn't they just recently started SG Atlantis or something like that?

Credits
    OMG NOOOO!!!!!!!

SG-1 was one of my favorite shows... good thing atlantis and BSG is still there... or i would never get my SCI-FI fix..

Fed7haS

Credits
    Naaaah they can't trash this show!! i'll believe it when i'll see it.... pfff.....

Credits

Unhappy SCIFI Channel's Official statement

From SCIFIwire
    (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=37607)

SCI FI Channel confirmed that it will not renew its record-breaking original series Stargate SG-1 for another season, but will pick up its spinoff series Stargate Atlantis for a fourth year. SG-1 aired its 200th episode on Aug. 18, and the SF series is the longest-running SF show on American television.

SCI FI issued the following statement on Aug. 21: "SCI FI Channel is proud to be the network that brought Stargate SG-1 to its record-breaking 10th season. Ten seasons and 215 episodes is an astounding, Guinness World Record-setting accomplishment. Stargate is a worldwide phenomenon. Having achieved so much over the course of the past 10 years, SCI FI believes that the time is right to make this season their last on the channel. SCI FI is honored to have been part of the Stargate legacy for five years, and we look forward to continuing to explore the Stargate universe with our partners at MGM through a new season of Stargate Atlantis."

I honestly doubt a petition will work (but good luck!). It appears SCIFI will throw it's full weight behind SG: Atlantis.

However....

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/0...ll_go_on.shtml

Don't count Stargate SG-1 out just yet. Though SCI FI Channel has cancelled the long-running series (story), the show's producers are hard at work looking for a new outlet for the story to continue, executive producer Robert C. Cooper told GateWorld exclusively.

"As far as the future I can't comment yet because nothing has been confirmed," Cooper said. "What we want to emphasize is that the franchise is not dying. SG-1 will go on in some way. We're just not ready to announce how."

A formal announcement from the studio and the network is expected later this week.

Cooper also emphasizes that, though emotions are running high among Stargate fans who have just learned the news, it is important to keep the show's ratings strong throughout the remainder of its run on SCI FI. "What's most important is that fans don't take out their frustration with SCI FI by not watching," he said. "In fact, what they need to do is watch both SG-1 and Atlantis LIVE and make sure the ratings stay strong.

"That helps prove to other outlets that might be interested in SG-1 that the show is still as strong as we think it is."

Could Stargate SG-1 find its way to yet another network in 2007? Or might the SG-1 team be headed for a TV movie, mini-series, direct-to-video feature ... or the big screen? Stay with GateWorld for the latest developments.

Stargate SG-1 Season Ten continues with all-new episodes this Friday at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific on SCI FI, followed by Stargate Atlantis at 10 p.m.!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    I have to admit that I didn't like the last two seasons that much. Farscape remains one of my favorite series, but Ben Browder just doesn't seem to fit into SG1. I like the Vala character though.

Still, I like the Ori as enemies. They rank up there with Replicators for me. I like the whole "unstoppable" thing. Still, you would think the Asgard would be able to put up a fight against their ships. I mean, those ships were made by mere mortals while the Asgard ship in the last season finale was presumably made by the Asgard themselves. Are the Asgard the weakest of the ancient races?

Credits
    Ain't they dropping SG1 for Stargate 2 and 3 as contracted a decade ago?
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    finally this sh1t has an end

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDRick View Post
    finally this sh1t has an end
    Stop wishing the show over just cos you dont like it... dont watch it if it isent your cup of tea.. but let the rest of us enjoy it..

Fed7haS