Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Knight Rider movie?

Hi all.

I have read in internet that there are plans for doing a movie about Knight Rider, the popular tv series from the 80's.

It's supposed that David Hasselhoff is involved in the project, which would be a big screen movie, not a TV movie ( http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0384254/ ).

What do you know?

thx and bye
    Last edited by jmcc; 07-04-2005 at 01:39 PM.

j7wild Guest
    Hollywood must be running out of ideas if they keep dragging out these old tv shows and turning them into movies:

Dukes of Hazzard
    Starsky and Hutch
    Charlie's Angels
    SWAT

some of them do well (Charlie's Angels) and some of the flop and die (Starsky and Hutch, SWAT)

Knight Rider is one TV shows that should be left alone; it wasn't that great when it was on tv!!

There are better TV shows that are fit for the big screen:

another X-Files Movie (in production)
    the Simpsons (in production)
    Miam Vice (in production)

they should make a Baywatch movie and make it Rated R so we can see all the stuff we wanted to see on TV but they wouldn't let us

Credits

Knight Rider answer

Well, I liked Knight Rider, the only thing is that much years have passed and I don't remember it so well as I desire.

The same thing is with Miami Vice. I will look on internet to see what I can found.

Thank you
    Last edited by jmcc; 07-04-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Credits
    A Knight Rider movie would insane!!!!!!!! That's one I'm waiting for.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

Credits
    That Trans Am (I think it was that) doesn't look that cool anymore

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Hasselhoff is close...

David Hasselhoff is in talks to appear on NBC's "Knight Rider," reprising his role as Michael Knight from the original series.

Additionally, "The Young & the Restless" co-star Deanna Russo has landed the female lead in the movie/backdoor pilot opposite fellow soap star Justin Bruening.

"Rider," from UMS and Dutch Oven Prods., is a sequel to the 1980s series that centers on Mike Tracer (Bruening), Michael Knight's son who never knew his dad.

Burned by his love for childhood best friend and one-time girlfriend Sarah Kamen (Russo), Mike is wasting away in Las Vegas when Sarah reappears and is willing to pay off Mike's gambling debt in exchange for help.

Sarah is the brilliant estranged daughter of KITT inventor Charles Kamen, who works as an assistant professor in the engineering department at Stanford. When she receives word from talking-car KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand) that her father is missing, she and KITT set out to find and recruit Mike.

Credits

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Uh jmcc, I can't remember where I saw this. I'll try to find it.

Credits
    But I am not clear, maybe is my English: Will it be a TV movie or what?

Credits
    actually there will b tv show featuring hasselhoff cameo, but with new characters
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    K.I.T.T. will be portrayed by....

Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    lol, thats retarded!!

Credits
    I don't know, I hope KITT will not be that Mustang...

And the images seem photoshoped, to add the red front lights...

Credits
    Uh,oh. I was afraid of this. Both the tv series and the movie(evidently is in the works) are not related.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/34337

As we’ve PREVIOUSLY REPORTED, Creator Larson has been hard at work developing a KNIGHT RIDER feature film for The Weinstein Company. KR is to be reinvented, modernized, the works. This project has been in play for some time.

So, it came as a big surprise last week when NBC announced a new KNIGHT RIDER television project – a 2hr movie/backdoor pilot.

WTF?

In short: word on the street says that Universal/NBC own the television rights to KNIGHT RIDER; Larson owns the film rights. Uni/NBC wanted Larson to dump the Weinsteins and set-up his KR project with them. When Larson didn’t budge, NBC launched a television project with the intent of counteracting, or altogether diffusing, Larson and The Weinstein Company’s movie plans.

Here’s what’s interesting: Larson & TWC’s movie plans are still very much in play. Here’s a video announcement by Larson, screened recently at KNIGHTCON 2007 in the UK. If I understand my timeline, this predates NBC’s TV announcement.

So…to encapsulate…

At this time, there are actually two KNIGHT RIDER projects ramping up: Larson/TWC’s movie, as well as NBC’s revamping/backdoor pilot. And, fans are once again being asked to chose which flavor they prefer - the creator’s, or the interpreter’s?

Can these projects co-exist? Or, must one fall so that the other may stand? Would their coexistence be too much for even the Geekiest to bear, and cause a complete erasure in some matter/anti-matter apocalypse?

What is it about Larson projects? They tend to generate such confusion and fervor. Anyone out there remember efforts to bring back GALACTICA (before SciFi Channel’s current iteration)? We had Todd Moyer's IMAX GALACTICA project, Richard Hatch's efforts to revive the original series, and Tom DeSanto & Bryan Singer's scuttled GALACTICA revival. Am I missing one?

Guess too much interest is better than no interest at all. And, in the end, this is a;; rather impressive. Clearly, no matter how high concept his creations may be (there’s also a FALL GUY movie in the wind, by the way), Larson's material clearly taps into something fun…and base. How many storytellers have managed to do this successfully? And, how many still have multiple properties in high demand decades after their inception? Something to think about.
    Last edited by Hardkore; 01-07-2008 at 01:38 AM.