Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

Anyone follow the NFL? (American Football)

I was just wondering how many people will be watching the upcoming NFL season.

Personally, I think with Carson back, "No. 85" pumped, and the defense strengthened during the offseason, I think the Cincinnati Bengals will reach the Super Bowl.

Then again, I might be a tad biased. I have only been a Bengals fan for nearly 30 years. But if you know anything about the Bengals, you know how hard it was to be a Bengals fan during that entire time (and I never waivered... I may have worn a paper sack over my head, but I never stopped being a fan).

WHO-DEY!
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

j7wild Guest
    they were in the Superbowl 1981 and 1988, weren't they?

anyway, I like 4 teams:

Miami
    Denver
    San Francisco
    Indianapolis

I doubt any of them will go to the Superbowl this year.

Credits
    Yes, the Bengals were in the Super Bowl in '81 and '88, and lost to the same quarterback both times (Joe Montana and the 49ers). I remember both years (although I only vaguely remember '81... I was 6 at the time, but I remember '88 quite well). Those are the Bengal's only two Super Bowl appearances.

Indianapolis would have a shot at the Super Bowl except for two things... one, they don't do well in the post-season (with me living in the Indy area, I hear about that a lot), and two, the Bengals stand in their way. (I would have liked to see Cincinnati and Indianapolis face each other for the Super Bowl spot in last year's post season, but Carson Palmer's knee injury stopped that dream.)

Speaking of which, I already have my calendar marked for the Dec. 18 meeting between the Colts and the Bengals. I can't go to the game, but I will be watching it on Monday Night Football.

I don't know about Denver, though. I just don't know enough about them, except that they won their division last year. But I will probably agree with your assessment on Miami and San Francisco.

j7wild Guest
    I want Indianapolis to win because my wife is from Indiana and it would make her happy;

when she's happy, I get happy too!!

Credits
    Long time New England Fan!

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I want Indianapolis to win because my wife is from Indiana and it would make her happy;

when she's happy, I get happy too!!

My wife is from Indiana too, and she hates the Colts (she claims she is still upset with the Colts for the way they "snuck out of Baltimore in the dead of night"... women).

(Actually, she isn't that crazy about the Bengals, either, but she puts up with it anyway. And I think I may be converting her between Carson Palmer's comeback and Chad Johnson's antics.)

For that matter, I'm from Indiana. I just grew up closer to Cincinnati than Indianapolis, and I was a Bengals fan back when the Colts were still in Baltimore. I tried to cheer for both after the Colts moved in, but I just couldn't get behind them. Now I think I am too set in my ways.

j7wild Guest
    let's talk about which NFL team has the best looking cheerleaders!!

Credits
    I enter, exhibit "B", for the Ben-Gals.

And here is a little tidbit for you... did you know that most NFL cheerleaders get paid an average of a mere $50 per game?

Credits
    We interrupt these commercials to bring you a little bit of play from the superbowl......

Credits
    Hey stop complaining. What an old fart. (ha-ha-ha)

Bengals are a bunch of... kittins.
    We all know this year is gonna be Miamis, not to mention they have the sexiest cheerleaders to even step on a field (besides Toronto Argos, mmmm).
    Daunte Culpepper (from the Vikings) is looking very good in my eyes. Woooooo-ieeeeee Im excited!

Little known fact:
    I actually played for the Bengals.
    (On Madden 06 for PS2. Brought them to the Superbowl baby)
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX View Post
    Bengals are a bunch of... kittins.
    We all know this year is gonna be Miamis
    Hmmm... cats vs. fish... considering how much cats like to eat fish, and you never hear of a fish eating a cat, I'll take the cats.

Welcome to the Jungle!

j7wild Guest

Wink

I don't like my home team, the Houston Texans but the cheerleaders are cute!!

Credits
    I can't wait for the Manning vs Manning game, I think that's opening night or soon thereafter. Go Giants!

BTW, I was looking for Giants cheerleaders...this is from their site:
    Where can I find information regarding cheerleaders?

The Giants do not have a cheerleading squad. We have always felt that the game should be the focus of the day of game presentation.
    How gay is that????

I guess it is a bit cold here for those skimpy skirts

j7wild Guest
    There are several NFL teams that do not have cheerleaders.

http://www.footballdocs.com/cheerleader_rankings.html

Credits
    you never hear of a fish eating a cat, I'll take the cats.
    This aint no normal fish, this is a shark killer baby!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast