Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Credits
    1 - I didn't realize there were two games. Freaky

2 - Three words... $, $ and $

3 - Because the ABC contract for MNF expired, and ESPN outbid them for the game.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    1 - Two games I believe because it is the first Monday of the season and it can be done on ESPN.

2 - NBC paid big bucks to get back into football and ESPN lost Sunday Night Football to NBC because of it. Look for NBC to make this on par with and try to out due MNF. I'm not sure how they got Madden and Michaels to jump but their contracts may have been up.

3 - ABC owns ESPN so MNF just switch over to a sister station.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

j7wild Guest

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    1 - Two games I believe because it is the first Monday of the season and it can be done on ESPN.

2 - NBC paid big bucks to get back into football and ESPN lost Sunday Night Football to NBC because of it. Look for NBC to make this on par with and try to out due MNF. I'm not sure how they got Madden and Michaels to jump but their contracts may have been up.

3 - ABC owns ESPN so MNF just switch over to a sister station.
    thanks!!

I was surprised to see Madden and Michaels on NBC the other day and I kept checking to see if Warner Cable changed the station lineups or if my TV channel labels went nuts!!

Credits
    Nope Michaels and Madden jumped ship. Personally I think Michaels is the voice of football, Madden I can't do with or without. He's very knowledgeable but just rambles on sometimes.

NBC is paying $600 million a year to broadcast the Sunday night games. The kicker of all this is that NBC can also decide what games it wants to broadcast and can pick a afternoon game that was going to be on Fox or CBS and have it moved to Sunday night. It's bizarre but it insures that the best game of the week will be in prime time.

j7wild Guest
    Well, NBC has Indianapolis Colts vs NY Giants tonight:

Manning vs Manning

Madden can get annoying; that's why when I play Madden NFL football games, I turn the commentary off.

The only way to shut him up is to give him a Turkey Drumstick!!

Credits
    Well, so far the Bengals aren't doing as well as I had hoped.

Oh, they have a 3-1 record (2-0 in their division), so from that standpoint, I am very happy. But they haven't been playing as well as I hoped they would. They looked horrendous against New England (for their one loss), but they didn't look very sharp against Pittsburgh or Cleveland, either (despite getting wins in those two games).

Of course, injuries and suspensions have diminished their ranks. They have two key defensive linebackers out for the year (one with injury, the other by suspension), their center is out for several weeks due to injury, their #2 running back has yet to play this year due to injury, the same with their kick returner, and their #3 receiver is suspended and faces an extension on his suspension. None of those have really helped the Bengals play well.

On the field, QB Carson Palmer has been sacked 15 times so far in four games (he was only sacked 21 times all last year), receiver Chad Johnson has been pretty much a non-entity so far, and the defense can't stop the run and aren't doing that great against the pass. Maybe last week's bye will help the Bengals regroup.

Credits
    Well this season has been anything but good for my Bucs. I can't believe they are 0-4. I have a feeling Gruden might be on his way out unless a miracle happens and this ship gets righted, big time. Not looking good for this weekend as they are playing Corfy's Bengals.

j7wild Guest
    I am happy with my Colts!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chernabog_ca View Post
    Well this season has been anything but good for my Bucs. I can't believe they are 0-4. I have a feeling Gruden might be on his way out unless a miracle happens and this ship gets righted, big time. Not looking good for this weekend as they are playing Corfy's Bengals.
    Well, as I said, the Bengals aren't playing as well as they should, and it showed today (not to take anything away from the Bucs' performance).

But even the "Bungles" at the height of their ineptitude couldn't manage to go 0-16 in a season, so the Bucs were definitely due.

Credits
    Finally get one in the win column. Wasn't able to watch the game but looking at the stats looked like the Bucs D finally showed up and Cadillac had a pretty good game. Next up are the Eagles whom I have a great hatred for.

Credits
    YES!!! The Giants got another win under their belts!!! Tiki Barber had a great game, And we finally utilized Shockey. chernabog_ca, I hope your Buccs, kick the crap outta Phili next week. We're only a half game out now. Tough game for us next monday night against Dallas. I frickin' hate T.O. but I can't deny the man can play Football.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest
    need some cheerleaders in this thread:

Credits
    Wow, it seemed like this weekend was the weekend of the big play.

Between the 62-yard field goal by Tampa Bay's Matt Bryant in the final seconds, the 32-yard pass on a fourth-and-one situation by the Bengals, and the 32 yard field goal by Atlanta's Morten Anderson in overtime, this certainly seemed to be a thrilling week (and that isn't counting the hits that Indy's Peyton Manning and Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger took).

Credits
    Wild weekend in the NFL. That 62 yarder was incredible. I was working on Sunday so I had a computer with the NFL Game Centre on for the Bucs/Eagles game. I was pumped when they were up 17-0 and didn't get a chance to check it for a while. When I did there was about 44 seconds left and Philly was up 21-20. I figured it was over so I didn't check back for about 5 minutes and then I saw the score. I thought it was a mistake at first! I couldn't believe it.

Credits
    Giants won again! I can't even express how happy I was when Terrell Owens dropped that ball on 4th an two. ... Shockey had another TD, Barber ran well again, although Arrington tearing his Accilles tendon is gonna hurt us in the coming weeks.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast