Just curious to know that since I have read that another countries have high speed home connections at the same or less price than Venezuela or Spain.

Here the common connection is under 1 Mbps and the higher speed I have heard about here is that, 1 Mbps. ISPs keep a notorious silence on this, notorious taking in count they sell the 512 Kbps service in around 35 US dollars by month.

In Spain the situation was almost the same in 2005, just after the ISPs doubled the connection speed without no extra cost for users in the last months of 2004.

In some regions of France, the standard connection speed was 8 Mbps at 14.95 € and ISPs like Tiscali had 16 Mbps for 30 € /month or 18 Mbps for around 40 € /month.

In Japan they had, in 2005, 50 Mbps connections for the equivalent of 45 € and 120 Mbps for around 60 €. I don't have present day data.

All those connections are ADSL, as far as I remember, and the speed given is for the download channel of the internet band.

Yesterday, I have read that tests for wireless high speed connections are being conducted by Samsung in South Korea and by Intel. The Intel technology is named WiMax. The Samsung one is being called 4G, if I am right. Anyway, this kind of connection is defined as capable of download speeds of 1 Gbps, or a movie downloaded in your PC in 6 seconds, according to the notice (The New York Times).

So, how fast are your connections? Please, if you can, tell me your country/region and the kind of technology you use for your internet service (DSL, PLC, satellite, others).