Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Talking America: Don't Forget to FALL BACK 1 Hour this Sunday !!

Autumn's chill is in the air, and little ghosts and goblins are preparing to play trick-or-treat. It must be time to set the clocks back.

Officially we will fall back to standard time at 2 a.m. Sunday, though most folks will change their clocks Saturday night.

Most Americans can get a chance at an extra hour happy of sleep this weekend; clocks fall back to standard time. It's the last time this will happen in October.

Because of a law passed last year, daylight-saving time will start earlier and end later beginning in 2007. It will last from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.

The clock change switches an hour of daylight from evening to morning.

Arizona, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Guam and the Northern Marianas do not observe daylight-saving time.

Daylight-saving time returns next March 11.

This is also a good time to check the batteries of the Smoke Detectors around your home!! Check them twice a year everytime we change time!!

Credits
    whohoo I get a free hour of life back!

j7wild Guest
    nightclubs in Houston, TX closes at 2 am but it's tradition at 2 am for them to stay open an extra hour when the clock is turned back.

I will be out partying Saturday night!!

Credits
    Some for some states in Australia. Clock is turning back I will be staying out even later tonight
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    hehe, aint that for almost whole world? I think its the same in europe, or maybe its opposit, dont know, 2morrow we´r changing time too anyway
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    Some for some states in Australia. Clock is turning back I will be staying out even later tonight
    Are you sure the clock is turning back neighbour. We had our daylight savings adjustment about three weeks ago and we put the clock forward -spring forward.

BTW I noticed ML have me being up and online an hour earlier than I thought I was. Maybe I'll go back to bed!
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

Credits
    It's the whole world that is changing time from what I know. Only certain parts don't change and remain on standard time year round.

*EDIT*
    I checked, it's not the whole world. Found this interesting map on Wikipedia

Blue - Observe DST
    Orange - Once observed DST
    Red - Have never observed DST
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits

Question

I'm surprised at the number of countries ....and states that make no daylight savings adjustment whatsoever.

Northern Hemisphere countries are going into Fall [I'm more used to the word Autumn] Below the equator we are going into spring and at least where I live we put our clocks forward.

To me the idea makes good sense the birds are up chirping etc. I'ts daylight for Heavens sake!

However there are many dairy communities not happy , because the morning milking is already carried out at an extremely early hour already. Some towns even rebel and refuse to recognise daylight savings adjustment and poor dairy cows have to suffer with bursting udders!

It all gets very confusing however... sort of like a mild case of jetlag twice a year! It is half past seven in the morning here now and the weather outside is not very spring-like !

Credits
    For the longest time, Indiana (my home state) didn't make DST adjustments, but that changed for the first time this year. I am not looking forward to next year, when everything that automatically adjusts for DST will have to be reprogrammed (like computers).
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    lol, also take into account the possibilty that many of those places may not even have clocks!

DST is a very effective energy saving procedure and I'm glad Bush improved it further.

The map is so funny with these little "rebel" areas like the Saskatchewan, Arizona, and British Columbia.

Credits
    I just went to work (a short walk from where I live) and I pleasently discovered that I was one hour early! Looks like I forgot to turn the clocks back. A bit more time for a ML visit!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    my daughter was up at 6H00 this morning.....

Credits
    We don't have daylight savings time, so we don't have to change the time. The only drawback is that I have to get use to a new whole TV schedule, for example I would have to wait up to 10PM to see Heroes tonight, instead of 9PM.

PS: Setting up Conference Calls outside the island is also a a real pain, but I don't care too much about work.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection