Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: 30k members....

Credits

Exclamation 30k members....

Yesterday Movie-List forums has after 1659 days of work reached 30 000 users. It is a big deal, sure...but how many is active? We see bout 120 users/day active, from whom we really know (now I am talking bout us - hardcore members ) bout 40? Maybe 40 is too much when I say.
    Sure, lots of users just come and leave, they sign for one request and then never come back, some sign for exclusives program and another members only stuff.
    Theres one question I wonder bout quite long for now -
    WHO is ML Exclusives FOR? I mean those trailers were supposed to be for forum members only, if I remember, isnt that true? (coz as far as I remember first few months I was one of those "sign to get" users, must admit ) But it aint anymore? Or it never was? Now everyone can DL exclusives, even non-member?

I am making this thread to kinda cry on my own shoulder that no more users is active, coz this site is damn big (and damn great ) and I dont think 120 coming forum members a day from 30k is enought....not at all.

I know people come, r active and then just disapear (lets make tisoy aka trailergod /hope I remember his name right/ or radstar examples), they have their reasons, but its pity no more users who come arent active.
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    I think there is only a handful of die hard members here nowadays; maybe not more than 40 or 50.

As far as the Forum Exclusive, I remember I had to pay with Paypal just to sign up for 30 days;

now it seems anyone can access it!!

Credits
    dont confuse M-L Exclusives and VOB/HDTV exclusives
    we can acces VOB/HDTV via our VB points, what I love....

next think which is - I think - pitty is that so FEW members upload to public FTP...

Credits
    I personally don't have very much to say so I just read the forum. If I happen to come up with a question or a reasonable comment then sure I'll post it. And I didn't sign up only for the extra stuff. Hardly touched it.
    -hena

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    next think which is - I think - pitty is that so FEW members upload to public FTP...
    Personally speaking, I don't come across too many trailers that haven't already been posted/submitted/linked through ML, so I haven't uploaded many. I have uploaded a few, but admittedly, those have been a while ago.

On a side note, for some reason over the last few months I have been downloading fewer and fewer trailers. I was downloading just about everything I could find for the longest time, but my number has dropped. I still have my collection, but my collection simply isn't growing very fast anymore.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits

Unhappy Forum Exclusives, private again... and a confession

I know of what you are talking about, st39.6.

Forum Exclusives was a private section once. I remember the same thing as you: the message "You need to be logged in to the Forum to access this section" or something like that appeared when you tried to get into FE if you was not logged into the Forum.

I believe that JPB did this because I started to put too many references to ML movie trailers in another forums, around 20 I think, specially one in Spanish, and by doing this I started to attract too many undesired attention to the site.

Precisely, I noticed that I was abusing when I realized that FE was not more private and that was just around the time when I was doing that.

So, I desisted of doing that and I was planing to communicate this to JPB or the Mods, to ask them to make that section private again.

I ask sorry for my behavior, JPB and Mods and ML members. It will not happen again. And I ask you to make that section private again, as in the old times...

Credits
    It had nothing to do with you jmcc.
    You can mention that section all you like.

The original reason the section was made private was to limit the number of downloads that took place and save on bandwidth.
    I experimented by opening it up to the public and downloads stayed pretty constant, so I decided to leave it open.

Credits

Smile Uff...

I believed it was due to my links. Thank you then, JPB, I feel a lot better now