Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Mel Gibson directs again ...

”Mel Gibson is set to direct a movie about Christ's last 12 hours played out entirely in two ancient tongues - Latin and Aramaic - with no subtitles." The formula hardly sounds like the recipe for a hit movie but Gibson thinks language should be no barrier for the film, titled THE PASSION. ’For me that's more real and hopefully I'll be able to transcend language barriers with filmic storytelling,’ Gibson said.”

Huh? No subtitles? Last 12 hours of Christ? Man, this sounds odd.

Credits
    will it be also 12 hours long ? ...lol
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    Well if he is gona pull this off then he needs to get some damn good actors.

Credits
    Jesus - Jim Caveziel
    Mary Magdalene - Monica Bellucci

Read an interesting comment about this project:

As to the "first" part of the New Testament, the Gospels, partly because Mark mentions the Jewish-Roman war of the 70s AD, and because Matthew and Luke quote Mark, the consensus of mainstream modern scholarship is that the gospels were written decades after Jesus' death -- by people who never met Him! The gospels are not mentioned by in any other Christian writings -- Origen, Tertullian, Justin Martyr, for example -- until after about 150 AD. Many scholars guess they existed before 150 AD -- but there is no evidence they did. The next time you're in Church, ask yourself: "What about what I'm hearing was new with Christianity, and what was already part of other religions in a culture where over and over again new religions were built with old parts?"

Let me get i straight: I'm an atheist and I think the bible has some interesting stories to read ... but none of them are true. (This is just my humble opininon ... if you are a fan of god, that's ok for me)

So ... who came up with these last twelve hours? Who says the events are all correct? Someone invented a time machine or what?

Credits
    it is not a matter of facts or if it really happened, it is faith... it is believing in something that you can not prove physically

As a practicing Catholic, I am very familiar with the the doctrines and teachings of the Church. Most of them are just stories, they did not really happen or could be proven that it happened, the important thing IMO is that they have a message and a source of guide for living a life....

or maybe I am simply brainwashed from 15 years of Catholic schooling....

Credits
    My scientist side would love a time machine which the first time period I'd travel to is the time of Jesus Christ. Come on man... how offen do u get to see God?

But... on the sane side of my brain (quite small), time travel would be fairly impossible. Because.....

1.) Physics
    2.) God won't allow it.

These are just my opinions but have some sense to it. Think about number 2 before u answer it. Its a brain teaser!
    I think the Bible is one of the most intelligent books of all time. Like u ppl said, the meanings in the stories are very important and correct. If the stories are true or false we are not 100% sure with proof but faith is not centered on facts and proofs.

Strange thing is... even tho all religions (& non) tell the events in the past all happened differently, BUT they mysteriously say that the all the major events happened! An example is, the famous Noah's flood. 20 years ago we would of said it didn't happen and its impossible. In the last 10 years, scientific studies have proven there are was world flood (not the Ice Age) and its strange that all religious books said there was all the time.
    No matter what religion, every one explains that there was a flood.

Another fact is that religions cross-over each other. Other religions talk of minor events that happened in cultures with different religions. The beginning of the New Testement was written by 4 of Jesus Christ's disciples, ALL accounting for their view on events. This part of written by different ppl and @ different times so that it could be faked is near impossible... unless they had some telepathy :big grin:

On the movie side, this will be very strange to see. I'd like more info on this movie in the future. Sounds interesting and very different. Perhaps the money companies won't make this since its unknown territory for them.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits

Talking

Yea who would of guessed that 'Jim Caveziel' would be JESUS???

Credits
    "Filmic Storytelling."

Gibson thinks he can pull this off??
    When you got 'em by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.

ZUBi is offline Valued Longtime Member (1971-2006)
    Credits

Arrow

some translation from here
    http://www.megaklik.si/filmkino/index.php/id/4366
    Jim Caviezel

SLOVENIAN
    Mel Gibson: "Projekta se nihče ne želi niti dotakniti. Vsi mislijo, da se mi je zmešalo. Projekt je za mojo dušo, ne denarnico."

ENGLISH translation by ZUBi (hehehe)
    Mel Gibson: "Project that nobody want even touch it. Everybody thinks that I'm going crazy. Project is for my soul, not for my wallet."

p.s. hmmm, wallet or i should rathey say purse... whatever, You got the point.
    Last edited by ZUBi; 09-25-2002 at 05:33 AM.

Bush, Bin Laden, Hussein, Castro: SAME $HIT

Credits
    Jim Caviezel = Jesus!