Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider-man 2.5

Credits

Spider-man 2.5

On January 2nd, lucky US viewers will be treated to a new, extended cut of Spider-Man 2 on the FX channel. Much of the reportage is focussing on the fact that yet another Spider-Man 3 sneak peak has been scheduled to screen with the movie but personally, I just can't get over the fact that another, longer version of Spider-Man 2 is going to be released. Can it possibly be as good as - let alone better than - the version we already know and love? I notice that nobody has called it a director's cut.

We've known for a very long time an extended version of the film was on the cards at some point, it's just a surprise that it will be premiering so suddenly, and on TV at that. Expect a DVD release to follow relatively quickly - in April, I'd guess, to better hype the May release of the third episode.
    So that should be the answer for a question, that Iīve made a looong time ago bout DVD release of extended cut. And I really do believe itīll come up on DVD before 3th premieres....well, why not? Even tho I dont think it needs some recuts....noone does. But hell yeah, extend it!!!!
    Me angry! Whereīs my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    It's hard to belive, that something like "unreleased scenes" are existing. Maybe this will be something like "X-Men 1.5"?

Credits
    well x-men 1.5 aint different from 1, its just another DVD release (i have it )

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Yeah. I know. Thats why I think it's possible to treat in the same way Spider-man 2...

Credits
    well it is, but SM will really get longer by new release, which cant be told of xm. And I named this 2.5 just because I have heard of this version bout two years ago, its not called any different name nowadays. I hope those extended actions will be there too

Credits
    I don't like especially Spider-man, but I hope you'll enjoy your "extended version" like I did with LOTR EE.

Credits
    i remember reading about this a long time ago, but at the time it was expected to be released around june this year... nothing happened, so i figured theyd just given up on making it... from what i heard, many people (myself included) werent too happy with the boring arse original cut, so they were going to invest around 10 million in making additional action footage to reinsert into the film and make it.. well... GOOD... so yeah, from what i heard, its not additional footage that was left out, but rather additional footage and cgi re-inserted into the film to make it worth seeing. hope that helps.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by chiv View Post
    they were going to invest around 10 million in making additional action footage to reinsert into the film and make it
    If so, then I am not optimist. Sorry.

Credits
    I enjoyed both Spider-Man movies, so if I'm home I'll tune in. But extended scenes generally don't do that much for me. Granted, I don't actually own any extended edition DVD's, but I'm assuming they're a bit like deleted scenes?

I did rent the extended version of AVP...
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Ext. version of AvP aint that different from theatrical one. Its useless.
    Extended scenes are those, which had to be deleted coz of length, or rating, or it just didnt fit to producers. Its shot with all the scenes, just cut

Credits
    Some Spider-Man 1 & 2 deleted scenes:
    http://home.planet.nl/~huijs090/spid...tedscenes.html

More deleted scenes from Spidey 2:
    some other JJJ scene
    JJJ finds Peter's clothes at the Bugle,where obviously he ditched them changing into Spidey.:
    Hoffman goes by with peter;\'s clthes, and jjj says something like what's that, and hoffman says. "peter parkers pants. and his shirt and tie and shoes and socks." then jjj says, "Who does he think he is, tarzan? what is he, running around the town naked?"

Rumours are that this extended edition will be released on DVD on 23/04/2007. Nice cash-in before Spidey 3 hits theatres.

Credits
    Spider-Man 2's extended edition is set to appear on DVD in late April

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    Spider-Man 2's extended edition is set to appear on DVD in late April
    That's what I already said in my previous post :
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice2029 View Post
    Rumours are that this extended edition will be released on DVD on 23/04/2007. Nice cash-in before Spidey 3 hits theatres.

Credits
    omg, sorry mate .... I thought I read it here, but when lookin back I couldnt find it :.... sooorry

Credits
    hahaha, don't be sorry. I was just joking about that comment.

I'm already glad that some people pay attention to this topic, I can't wait to see this extended cut. And I really can't wait for Spidey 3!

So go ahead and post!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast