Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

martial arts movies

This kicks *** (literally). It’s a compilation of the most brutal martial arts moments from the best martial arts films of all time. OUCH: http://www.maximonline.com/slideshow...m=1&src=gx1146 I was happy to see Onk Bak on that list, I think it’s often overlooked cuz it’s Thai, people forget that it’s not just the Chinese that kick ***. On the other hand, I don’t think Karate Kid needed to be there. When it comes to martial arts us Americans definitely don’t kick ***.

Credits
    I wouldn't consider them to be the most brutal and certainly not from the greatest martial arts films of all time (except for "Enter The Dragon"). They also did not pick the best fighting scenes, Ong Bak, Hero and Crouching Tiger had far more interesting fights than those shown.
    Besides you can't speak about greatest martial arts moves whitout including some Van Damme action. I'm no fan but the guy knows how to use his legs.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Maybe not the greatest of all time, but I loved them all and the movies they are from.... Except Karate Kid.

Credits
    agreed, Van Damme movies have to be shown in the list, Bloodsport comes to my mind..

Also Steven Seagal, his style of fighting was so unique and he made some real brutal action (not acting) and he is a real fighter.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I wouldn't consider them to be the most brutal and certainly not from the greatest martial arts films of all time (except for "Enter The Dragon"). They also did not pick the best fighting scenes, Ong Bak, Hero and Crouching Tiger had far more interesting fights than those shown.
    Besides you can't speak about greatest martial arts moves whitout including some Van Damme action. I'm no fan but the guy knows how to use his legs.
    I'd agree with you only I met Van Damme (recorded ADR on one of his films) and he sucks. And is way short. So I wasn't sad not to see him. Yeah - I think it's hard to cut scenes up like that, I agree there are better scenes in those movies but to get the essence of a scene in just a short snippet is hard, they're all about the timing. I think they could have included The Young Master as well.

Credits
    So meeting Van Damme makes you an expert on his fighting capabilities . Mind you he was European karate champion in middleweight class and competed in the world championships. And what do you mean he's way short? He's 5'10" in my book that's not short.

Credits
    I just got through watching the clips. I must say that some of them are very strange choices (Especially "Kung Fu Hustle"). I agree that cutting up the scenes was a bad idea, and the final fight in "Fist of Legend" is much more brutal than the fight with the 50 men. I also must add a side note. I used to love "The Karate Kid" now that I study martial arts I must say this: After that kick that Daniel lands on Johnny's jaw at the end, with the force of the kick and everything Johnny would NOT be coming up to Daniel congratulating him, he would be on his way to the emergency room with a broken jaw!!!