Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

The OC Cancelled

Teen drama that became a pop culture phenomenon and played a part in breaking several indie bands will call it quits after the February 22 episode.

Newport Beach's day in the sun--make that just the proverbial sun--is about to come to a close.

The OC, the Fox show that chronicled life among a group of teenage friends in the Orange County locale, will end after its February 22 episode, the network said late today.

"This feels like the best time to bring the show to its close," show creator Josh Schwartz said in a statement. "Thanks to the hard work of our cast, crew and writers, we have enjoyed our best season yet, and what better time to go out than creatively on top. It has been an amazing experience and a great run. For a certain audience, at a certain time, The OC has meant something. For that we are grateful."

Fox is set to air new episodes of the show every Thursday starting tomorrow, with the finale starting Thursday night. The show debuted in August 2003 and quickly grabbed fans longing for the tryst-laden days of Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place.

But it also grabbed new fans, and used a healthy dose of big-name bands to do so. Heavyweights like U2 and Coldplay debuted singles on the show, while others like the Killers, Modest Mouse, and Death Cab for Cutie performed on the show.

The move was hardly unexpected given Fox's decision to order only 16 episodes of the show this season, down from orders of more than 25 shows in its first three years.

source: tv.com

Credits
    I admit to watching a bunch of the 1st and 2nd season when I was in college. Just saw a marathon and chilled on the couch for a day. Didn't see the last season or two though.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest
    I have not seen one single episodes and if it wasn't for my Golden Globes related research, I would never had known who the girls on the show are!!

Credits
    i used to love season 1 and 2. but then they jus carried on repeating the same concepts over n over but with different characters, i jus got sick of it. im glad they cancelled it. infact had they of cancelled it at season 2 it wuda been one of my favourite tv shows for sure, but it lost its rep in my books. not suprised at all about this news

j7wild Guest
    Guess say goodbye to Melinda Clarke then, she played Julie Cooper in 80 episodes between 2003-2006.

Credits
    wow maby i should have watch the show...

Credits
    she also played in FireFly as the Town Whore with a whole house filled whores. Great scene between her and Fillion
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    she also played in FireFly as the Town Whore with a whole house filled whores. Great scene between her and Fillion
    and she was Lady Heather, the madame of the Bondage and S&M cathouse in 3 episodes of CSI!!

Credits
    i wonder if shes a complete whore in real life too.. hmmm