Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Question Can someone translate this Spanish for me please? THANKS !!

This was put in my mailbox today written on a blank yellow sheet of paper with my regular mail:

VACANTE

Querido Cliente Postal, al ocupar su hogar favor de tomar esta tarjeta de su buzon y ponerle los nombres con apellidos de todos quienes recibiran correspondencia a esta dirreccion en este buzon.

Gracias
    No English whatsover on the paper; do they think people in the U.S. only speaks Spanish?

I know VACANTE means vacant; this house is NOT Vacant; not for the last 2.5+ years!!

Credits

Lightbulb

Here's a (very) rough translation from Babelfish
    --------------------
    VACANCY Dear Postal Client, when occupying its home please to take this card from its mailbox and to put the names to him with last names of all that recibiran correspondence to this dirreccion in this mailbox. Thanks
    --------------------
    Let's try to clean it up a bit:

Vacancy

Dear Postal Client,

If you are occupying this home, please use this card and put all the names of those who wish to recieve mail here at the mailbox.

Thanks
    ---------------------
    ......sounds a little weird to me , maybe take it to your local post office and ask about it
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

j7wild Guest

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Granite View Post
    Here's a (very) rough translation from Babelfish
    --------------------
    VACANCY Dear Postal Client, when occupying its home please to take this card from its mailbox and to put the names to him with last names of all that recibiran correspondence to this dirreccion in this mailbox. Thanks
    --------------------
    Let's try to clean it up a bit:

Vacancy

Dear Postal Client,

If you are occupying this home, please use this card and put all the names of those who wish to recieve mail here at the mailbox.

Thanks
    ---------------------
    ......sounds a little weird to me , maybe take it to your local post office and ask about it
    that is weird!!

no one has lived here but us for the last 2.5+ years and we are the only people who ever reside at this address.

thanks Granite!!

Credits
    umm why would it be in Spanish?

Credits

Unhappy Mysterious letter...

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    VACANTE

Querido Cliente Postal, al ocupar su hogar favor de tomar esta tarjeta de su buzon y ponerle los nombres con apellidos de todos quienes recibiran correspondencia a esta dirreccion en este buzon.

Gracias
    I don't have it clear. Was it written without accents? If there is an accent in the word "recibirán", then it is some kind of offering for you to receive some kind of mail at your home... but it is very strange. No logos or something? No address?

Ask your neighbors to see if they have received it also and what they think about. If this is very strange, ask then to the police (?).

It seems to be made to confound you and to take the names of the people living at your home Then maybe someone will call later to offer services of some kind (computer or internet maintenance, for example) and maybe they can try to pretend to be a person send by someone in the house and will give the names to the people at home at the moment (if they find only service at home, better).

It is very strange for me

j7wild Guest
    actually it was typewritten on a yellow sheet of paper and there is no U.S. Post Office Logo or anything.

I am not responding to it!!

Credits
    What you need j7 is a "Beware of Armed Resident" sign in front of your house.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    that is weird!!

no one has lived here but us for the last 2.5+ years and we are the only people who ever reside at this address.

thanks Granite!!

If you live on one of the states close to the border with Mexico it's probably a trap made by the INS to track illegal immigrants, (that's is probably why it is written only in Spanish)

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection