Thanks Thanks:  0

View Poll Results: Would u like to see the Simpsons hit the big screen?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YES! I'm a massive Simpsons fan. Bigger Homer = bigger laughs

24 88.89%
  • Simpsons is dead! Its all crap and corny! MMmm corn!

3 11.11%

Thread: Simpsons movie?

Credits

Simpsons movie?

Quoth the scooper: "He went so far as to tell us that all the principle cast has recently signed for a THREE PICTURE DEAL. The murmurs spread through the room. People liked that.

"Currently there are no plans to end the fourteen year run of the show and the writing staff is having enough trouble coming up with plotlines to fill 22 minutes of TV show, let alone 80-90 minutes of feature film. It was encouraging to hear him then say however that the six-man team of writers (including himself) hired for the task of the script want it to be something of QUALITY. They absolutely do not want to do it simply for the cash or to rip us (the fans) off."

Source

I wonder if they will make a movie feature or just straight to TV or TAPE
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    that would be awesome. i sure hope they won't ruin the simpsons like they did to south park. i wuz a huge fan of south park till i saw that movie. but i think it would be awesome. and definitely in theaters. not straight to TV. bigger screen the better :butt:
    "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."

Credits
    Originally posted by radstar
    that would be awesome. i sure hope they won't ruin the simpsons like they did to south park. i wuz a huge fan of south park till i saw that movie. but i think it would be awesome. and definitely in theaters. not straight to TV. bigger screen the better :butt:
    I love the south park movie. =)
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Those who thinks the Simpsons is dead are FOOLS!!!!!!

I used to have a friend who doesn't like the Simpsons and thought they've pretty much used up all their tricks at Season 4.

He is not my friend any more.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

Dear Mr. Groening...

I voted yes but there has to be some conditions met before I fully support a Simpsons movie. Hey, this is my favorite series of all time and one of the only reasons I still watch TV. Conditions are as follows:

1. The series must be complete before they even think about a movie. If they make a movie during the series, I fear the quality of both will slip. Not good.

2. Nothing fancy. If they want to throw in all the cool CGI stuff they pulled with Futurama (also deserves a movie IMO - Matt G is a Genius) they will lose the feel that is The Simpsons. Regular animation is fantastic.

3. Celeberty appearances are great but don't revolve the story around them. (Ie: The Simpsons and Britney Spears join forces to ____. Blah. I would vomit in my seat.)

4. Please please PLEASE get Conan O'Brian on the writing staff for this one!! (Those who doubt me see here, HERE and here. Pure. Genius. From front to back.)

5. While on the subject of writers, Bill Oakley & Josh Weinstein should be there too. And David M. Stern. And John Swartzwelder. And anyone I can't think of.

6. There is no number 6.

Simple stuff, but I think the Simpsons Movie deserves to be the best it can be. Because a bad movie would be a horrible way to remember the series.

Credits
    I would not support a Simpsons movie, not now.

I think the show was best when it had a heart, when episodes meant somenthing and they were funny for great writing, not slapstick crap. Have you realized that the new episodes have a 5 minutes beginning that has nothing to do with the episode storyline?.

For me, the show peaked around the 3rd and 4th season, and stay great till the 6th season, after that it was all downhill, the writing have no heart anymore, it just feels empty now.

Frankly I still enjoy an episode here and there, but not constantly, and not for the same reasons.

They should have made the movie when they still cared about the show.
    snootch to the noonch!

Credits
    Originally posted by J320
    I would not support a Simpsons movie, not now.

I think the show was best when it had a heart, when episodes meant somenthing and they were funny for great writing, not slapstick crap. Have you realized that the new episodes have a 5 minutes beginning that has nothing to do with the episode storyline?.
    What's wrong with slapstick? Who cares about whether it has a heart or not? Does "Seinfeld" have a heart? Does "Friends" have a heart? Does "The Osbournes" have a heart?

As long as it still has the ability to make me laugh after a long stressful working day, I love the show. As long as there's still one episode in a season which I think it's great, the show should stay on air.

Of course, if they're making the feature film, they'll have to do waaaay better than the current show's standard.

Credits
    i love the Simpsons...they never get old :big grin:
    http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6324/fightclubmlzq1.jpg

Credits
    I wonder: if there's anyone in the forum absolutely hated (disliked for the PC-folks out there) "The Simpsons"?

Those who think the show was great once don't count.

Seems to me that any movie buff would definitely love the show. Maybe it's because we get the movie parodies and so it makes us think we're so S-M-R-T?

Credits
    <FONT SIZE="8" COLOR="RED"><B>THE SIMPSONS RULE! ANYONE WHO THINKS THE SIMPSONS ARE DEAD CAN DIE THEMSELVES! BEST SHOW EVER!!</B></FONT>

Sorry for the large font thingys, but The Simpsons truly is the best show ever made. It never gets old. I hope that show is on till the day I die :big grin: :big grin:

Guiboche

Credits
    Simpsons where much better durring the eariler years but nots its just fully wacky and its trying to copy Family Guy. Now FG was the best family show. Very adult too.

Credits
    Originally posted by Kn'thrak
    Simpsons where much better durring the eariler years but nots its just fully wacky and its trying to copy Family Guy. Now FG was the best family show. Very adult too.
    In the words of Homer Simpson: Shhhutuuuup

Guiboche

Credits
    Originally posted by Guiboche
    Sorry for the large font thingys, but The Simpsons truly is the best show ever made. It never gets old. I hope that show is on till the day I die :big grin: :big grin:[/B]
    Can't agree more with you on this one. (Sorry I'm not quoting the big fonts again.)

Anyone who doesn't dig the Simpsons is someone who either have no sense of humour, or from Southeast Asia (except Korea and Japan) - the land of video piracy.

(Am not being racist here, but The Simpsons is not as popular in this region as in the US, Australia, Europe, Japan, and anywhere else in the world.)

And I do hope the show will never end too, but Fox should really reaaaally catch up with their releases of those season box sets. One set per year is not bloody enough!!!!

Credits
    <TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER="0" CELLPADDING="10" CELLSPACING="0">
    <TR><TD BGCOLOR="BLACK">
    <FONT FACE="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" SIZE="2" COLOR="WHITE">
    Originally posted by editman
    Can't agree more with you on this one. (Sorry I'm not quoting the big fonts again.)
    I wrote it with HTML actually. There's probably a way to do it with the forum tools, but I always just write the HTML.

Originally posted by editman
    [B]And I do hope the show will never end too, but Fox should really reaaaally catch up with their releases of those season box sets. One set per year is not bloody enough!!!!
    I know! Hurry up with them darn box sets! Release them all in one shot and I'll buy them all! I'd go broke, but I don't care. I'd have<BR><FONT COLOR="#FFFF00" SIZE="8"><B>The Simpsons</B></FONT>. I wouldn't mind being broke as long as I had<BR><FONT COLOR="#FFFF00" SIZE="8"><B>The Simpsons</B></FONT> all on DVD :big grin:

Guiboche
    </FONT>
    </TD></TR>
    </TABLE>

Credits
    Originally posted by Guiboche
    Hurry up with them darn box sets! Release them all in one shot and I'll buy them all! I'd go broke, but I don't care. I'd have<BR><FONT COLOR="#FFFF00" SIZE="8"><B>The Simpsons</B></FONT>. I wouldn't mind being broke as long as I had<BR><FONT COLOR="#FFFF00" SIZE="8"><B>The Simpsons</B></FONT> all on DVD :big grin:
    Me too. I'll buy it even if they put them all out in a gigantic "limited edition" set

Call me naive but, I think the main reason of why it takes so long for a season box set to come out is that it takes time to prepare the audio commentraies.

Imagine Matt and the gang commenting 22-24 20-minutes episode for each box set, that is 7-8 hours of talk at least. And I don't think they do them all in one day. :big grin: