Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

10 Strangest Case Mods

10. The Microwave PC

Let’s start off by a case mod that ain’t that crazy. What does it look like? That’s right - a microwave oven. It was built for the CES 2003 and I guess they have just ripped the interior of the microwave and replaced it with PC components. Looks cool though.

9. The Wallcrawler PC

Compared to some other case modifications, this got a quite radical design. All parts are fitted on the outside of a cabinet and it’s purpose is just to be a practical design since the user of the PC alternate between different hard drives on a daily basis.

8. The WMD

WMD is short for Weapon of Mass Destruction, and that’s exactly what this project is all about. Even though it’s not completely finished yet, the build of this bomb is very impressive. But why have a PC that looks like an atomic bomb? Because you can I guess.

7. The R2D2 PC

You saw this one coming, didn’t you? Of course someone has built a replica of R2D2 and fitted a computer inside. It looks nice too. But I guess that this one won’t impress the girls - as if any of these case mods would. Hehe, sorry all you case modders! I Don’t mean to offend anyone here. Check out the CD/DVD-roms drives. Awesome. More pics here

6. The Lego Mac

When you look through thousands of different case mods, you start wondering why nearly all modded cases is based on a PC. Is the Apple computer a natural beuty? Anyway, it was refreshing to see this Lego Macintosh. It was created back in 1997 out of a damaged Apple PowerBook 5300.

5. The CyberPumpkin

The cyberpumpkin is one of my favorites on this list. It’s so weird - in a lovely way. Hehe. It was custom built for Intel to show off their Pentium 4 processors at the E3 2002.

4. The Y2K Bug

The surface of this bug is outstanding. It sure has been polished a couple of times. But why is this one ranked so high in this list. I’ll tell you. It took 6 months to build. That’s weird.

3. The Gingerbread PC

From the same creator as the Cyberpumpkin comes this really neat gingerbread PC. This one looks really good. Too bad you can’t eat the parts though (hardboard) except for the candy decoration of course. If it wasn’t christmas season this one probably wouldn’t have got this far up the list. But hey, it’s a really cool case mod, and it’s soon christmas so here it is.

2. The Toilet PC

Of course, to be a runner up on the Top 10 weirdest case mods ever, it has to be something really unique. And what can be more unique than having your own toilet PC. Byt why couldn’t they just have built a nice toilet - what’s up with that brown stuff? It get’s a good position on the list though.

1. The Miss Kanna PC

And at last - the weirdest case mod ever. This one was built for a magazine in the spring of 2004 and is some sort of manga figure. But why do you have to see the panties? There’s something with this manga culture that I don’t understand, but this case mod is extremely well put together, and yes, it’s WEIRD!.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Honorable Mention:

The TIE Fighter PC

j7wild Guest
    I want one of those Miss Kanna PC; I found more info here:

http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/kat2/pc/ern005/ekana.htm

Credits
    Woah man, those are awesome!

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I want Kanna as home PC and Tie fighter in office

Credits
    That TIE fighter one is great. It probably gets great air circulation too. Not as much as the wall-crawler one, but it's less likely to get milk or orange juice spilled on it.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.