Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Thumbs down "Babel" Sucks, Big Time!!

I just watched Babel today!!

How can this movie be nominated for 7 Academy Awards including Best Picture and Best Director?

This movie Sucks, Big Time (IMO)!!

It's slow, too long, boring, sometimes incomprehensible, and the only good thing it has going for it was the acting by a couple of the actors.

I also felt that the "GLUE" linking the stories of all the different characters from across the world together was paper thin and that the movie was trying too hard to be something it wasn't.

Finally, I was expecting a Powerful movie which will be thought provoking and it turned out not so!!

Stay Away!!

Credits
    WOW from all the trailers I have seen of this movie it looked pretty cool. How long was it j7?

j7wild Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by JCee911 View Post
    WOW from all the trailers I have seen of this movie it looked pretty cool. How long was it j7?
    2 hours and 23 minutes NOT including Previews and Advertisements which were 15 minutes at least!!

Credits
    of course movies aint liked by everyone but myself, I have only heard good things about it. Tho ur explaination is just a typical view of american audience. Perhaps a Micheal Bay will be more suited for u. Sort attention span with like 1 sec editted scenes
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    of course movies aint liked by everyone but myself, I have only heard good things about it. Tho ur explaination is just a typical view of american audience. Perhaps a Micheal Bay will be more suited for u. Sort attention span with like 1 sec editted scenes
    I don't much like Michael Bay anymore Either and I am not your typical American movie goer!!

I enjoyed Pan's Labyrinth and other more intelligent movies; but "Babel" I just couldn't enjoy!!

Credits
    J7 from what I can make up from your post about movies I think your general taste in movies is bit different than what people general consider Oscar material. Movies like Babel are not the kind of movies I would for example advise to someone who likes X-men and Spider-man alot. I'm not saying this in a condensending way (I like X-men alot) but it's a movie that's not necesarily for everyone and it doesn't mean it's a bad movie. There's probably a good reason why it got 7 nominations.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Pretty much exactly right on the dot there.

Credits
    I must totally agree with j7wild. It's not a matter of not liking movies that make us think, which I do. I thought Crash was an excellent movie and deserved the Oscar. But I was very disappointed by Babel, after all reviews I had read. It is exactly as j7widl describes: a very weak script, with ridiculous connections between the stories, forced just to make the movie look more "intelligent". Not to mention the horrible continuity error in one of the main scenes of the movie: the boys shoot at the bus from the right side, and on the next scene Kate Blanchett is hit from the left, through the window, while sitting on the left side of the bus... I couldn't believe my eyes! Is that good moviemaking?

Credits
    Came from press screening and disagree with this thread. It is very good movie, you cant say "I liked Crash so its not that I dont like intelligent movies", Babel is different league from this kind of US movies, Crash and all other similliar films have absolutely nothing to do with the way Babel is made/told. Crash is still movie of kind for everyone, its naration is made the way to be easiest to transcript for wide public, however Babel is absolutely different, its typical Innaritu. If u saw his another movies - for ex. Ammores Peros, its almost the same. And I dont see anyone saying AP sux. Its different kind of movies understandable more for old continent, then for us citizens, but fact that u dont like it doesnt approve you to say "It sux", because it simply doesnt.
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits

I enjoyed this movie, but...

Babel was a great movie, but it's not the best picture of the year. Critics are saying that this is the movie to beat at Oscar time. I didn't get a wow out of me when I left the theater. I found the segment with Brad Pitt very good as well as the story of the Mexican caretaker, but the Japanese segment just felt out of place. Departed to me was a very well made movie as well as Letters from Io Jima, but politics ruin the oscars and they won't win. But as least Babel had a quality that Crash didn't have, and that is I didn't feel that everybody is racist and have no good qualities to them.