Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ML Classics

Credits

ML Classics

A place to talk about the trailers in the Classics section of the ML main site, to give thanks and to ask things about it. Is this a good idea? Is this the correct place to put this thread?

I have a question about the trailer of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly that is in ML Classics, but I don't have it now here. I will come back soon to ask that question if the idea of this thread is accepted by you.

Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by jmcc; 10-31-2006 at 03:32 PM. Reason: T... G... T... B... T... U...

j7wild Guest
    sure, did you know in that movie, in the part where they are putting dynamite on the bridge, you can see a car go by in the background?

Credits

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

No, j7wild, I haven't seen the movie yet. My intention is to talk about the trailers on ML Classics, not exactly the movies.

I like the trailer a lot and I suspect it is a very good movie.

But it is a curious thing indeed what you have said. lol
    Last edited by jmcc; 10-31-2006 at 03:34 PM. Reason: T... G... T... B... T... U...

j7wild Guest
    you havent seen it?

wow!

it's the 3rd one in Sergio Leone's Dollar Spaghetti Western Trilogy with Clint Eastwood:

1. For A Fistful of Dollars
    2. For A Few Dollars More
    3. The Good The Bad and the Ugly

Credits
    Clint Eastwood for God
    "Heart and humour and humility will lighten your heavy load"
    Joni Mitchell

Credits

Question The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Today I downloaded and watched again this trailer. I like it a lot. My question is this:

Between 2:40 and 2:41, the footage plays normally forward and, suddenly, it goes backward a bit. I mean, in a close-up of Eli Wallach face, you can see how the reproduction goes backward a bit.

This makes me to believe that the trailer available on ML Classics is a re-edit, but maybe it is not that. I am curious about this, so I want to ask what happened there. And another question: Who did the encode for this trailer?

Who did the encodes for the other trailers available at Classics that are not on Forum Exclusives? Jean-Pierre Bazinet?

And thanks for the Halloween Horror-thon 2006
    Last edited by jmcc; 10-31-2006 at 03:37 PM. Reason: T... G... T... B... T... U...

Credits
    That one was encoded by Mark Strube.
    I never would have noticed that backwards bit if you hadn't mentioned it. It wasn't a re-edit so that was done to the original trailer. I guess they didn't have a clip long enough to fit for the trailer.

Credits

Smile The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Thank you, JPB

Then, if this was on the original trailer, it is the only one until now in which I have seen this, as far as I remember.

Curious.
    Last edited by jmcc; 10-31-2006 at 03:41 PM. Reason: T... G... T... B... T... U...

Credits
    Just chiming in the discussion: I noticed that reversed bit in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly trailer probably when I saw it on the big screen years ago. It's always in the trailer and I gathered that when they re-edited the 3-way duel sequence with The Ecstasy Of Gold, they ran out of footage on that Eli Wallach close-up from the original edit of the film itself, so they had to loop it a bit at the end.

Credits

Question

Quote Originally Posted by editman View Post
    Just chiming in the discussion: I noticed that reversed bit in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly trailer probably when I saw it on the big screen years ago. It's always in the trailer and I gathered that when they re-edited the 3-way duel sequence with The Ecstasy Of Gold, they ran out of footage on that Eli Wallach close-up from the original edit of the film itself, so they had to loop it a bit at the end.

Um.... Was that as a first-time release when you saw trailer on big screen?

Should I be calling you Mr editman?

Credits

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Um.... Was that as a first-time release when you saw trailer on big screen?

Should I be calling you Mr editman?
    Nah, Mr Graham. I saw that in the Astor Theatre, around the time when the Extended Version was released in 2002.

(Although I do wish I saw the first-time release, but that's around a decade before I was even a sperm. )

Credits
    Thanks, editman for Astor Theatre Link . Downloading the Calendar. Gee it's been 19 years since I was in Melbourne for a week. I really loved it, particularly the public transport system. Does the tram still run out to St Kilda?

Credits

Slightly OT

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
    Thanks, editman for Astor Theatre Link . Downloading the Calendar. Gee it's been 19 years since I was in Melbourne for a week. I really loved it, particularly the public transport system. Does the tram still run out to St Kilda?
    Oh yeah, still running all the way from West Preston.

Funning enough, I always thought Melbourne's public transport system is much inferior to say Sydney - like you can't catch a bus to the suburbs after 10:30pm during weekdays, after 11:30pm Saturdays and 6:30pm on Sundays. (There are Night Riders but only runs in the metropolitan and inner-suburb areas) And everyone knows that the ticketing system is a fiasco - so many people are evading fares they now have ticket inspectors checking tickets from time to time, though still not all the time, and giving fines to fare-evaders.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits

getting back on topic

Thanks for that. I was fairly centrally domiciled and didn't have to travel to suburbs at night, I can remember seeing how the fare paying system could have been open to abuse.

NOW back to the subject of THIS thread. ML Classics are GREAT . Of course some of them do not personally appeal to me, but the concept is fantastic and long may they live with a QT6 option!

Only thing...... there should be more Clint Eastwood movies [I think we can safely leave Francis in the Navy (1955) out] Both as actor or director or both the man has seldom put a foot wrong, but I particularly favour inclusion of Dirty Harry movies which arguably started a whole new genre of movies, [while some of the later ones were a bit tired they were still heaps of fun in my opinion]. Hang on I think this is what I was trying to say in my first ever post!

Credits

Smile More things about Classics...

Thank you. Do you know that I watched this movie once on TV and never since then I have remembered the title?

By the way, the screenshots in the ML trailer pages of Critters and Critters 2 doesn't appear correctly.

And to Oldfart: I would like to see Dirty Harry trailers on ML Classics also

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast