Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Angry You Don't Get To Do That In My Store !!

I was walking around my store just checking things out and this woman with 7 kids caught my attention.

for some strange reason ever since my wife became pregnant, everytime I see a woman in public with children; I pay more attention now!!

One of the children, a 3 year old girl (I found out later she was that age) had a DVD in her hand and the woman said to her:

"no we are not buying that"

and the girl started crying which in my opinion is normal reaction for any child when he or she is told "NO" by an adult.

The woman could had reacted several ways to the little girl's crying and what she did next (which sets off a chain of events) was not the correct action for any adult to do IN MY OPINION.

The woman slapped the little girl hard on her face ONCE and yelled at her extremely loudly:

"Stop Crying Right Now or I will have to take you to the bathroom for a Time Out".

Do you think this is going to stop a child from crying? Of Course Not!! It only causes the child to cry harder and louder!!

I was watching the events unfolding from over the DVD shelves which are about 5 feet high.

The child was still crying because she was just slapped and she was at the same time screaming through her tears:

"I want my Mommy".

That's when I knew that the woman was not her Mommy and something is definitely not right with this situation.

The woman grabbed the little girl by one arm real hard and asked her again:

"Are you going to stop crying?"

Of course she's not; don't you have any Parenting skills you Bloody Wench?

Then the Woman, still holding on to the little girl's arm, dragged the poor little girl (screaming and crying) about 15 feet down one of the DVD aisles to one of the cement support beam and pushed her against it (which almost caused her forehead to hit the beam) and told her "You stay there and don't move until I tell you to".

This is when I decided this whole thing has gone too far and enough is enough!!

Not only is this woman causing a scene in MY Store; she is also abusing a little defenseless child!!

I took out the Walkie Talkie and called up to the Security Office; I told them to keep the nearby surveillance cameras (that was trained on this area of the store) in place and zoom it in for audio and also to call the Police.

I confronted the woman and I told her that I've been watching the whole thing from the beginning and that what she has done is totally uncalled for.

I also told her:

First, you don't slap and yell at a child for crying; that is not the right way.

Second, you don't twist a child's arm; don't you know you can cause severe injury that way?

Third, you don't pull a child by one arm and drag her toward a cement support beam and then push her against it nearly causing her delicate head to hit it.

I told her the Police is on the way and that the whole thing is being recorded digitally in full audio and full color video.

I also told her that this is my store and you don't cause a scene like this in public; there is a right way and a wrong way to discipline a child and what you are doing is totally wrong.

Then I asked her: "How many children do you have here with you and are they yours and how old are you because you don't look old enough to have that many children already; especially when they are all about the same age"

This is when she said:

"I'm 20 year old, I'm a Professional Nanny and these Children (7 of them) are in my care!!"

So I responded:

"Professional Nanny my BEEP? How can you handle 7 of them at the same time when you cannot even handle one child properly!!"

By this time several of my employees and management staff and customers have gathered.

I had one of the female employees (who I know to be a Mother herself) pick up the poor little girl and comfort her.

Then I had the other employees take the other children to the break room.

The Police came;

I told them what happened;

they viewed the digital surveillance recording of the event;

they interviewed several customers who were also witnesses to the event and one of them, a Female Officer, spoke with the little girl and the other children.

Guess what the little girl and the other children said?

"Nanny is mean!! She hit us a lot!!"

So what happened to the woman?

She was arrested for battery and assault on a child.

The Police also got the children's parents contact information from that "Nanny" and were going contact them.

What is the moral of the story?

Parents need to be aware what kind of people they hire for nannies!!

Unfortunately in the United States anyone can babysit a child or claim to be a Nanny and there is NO Professional License required!!

Have you ever seen those hidden camera videos on TV showing Nannies hitting the children they are supposed to be caring for?

Whenever I see that, I want to beat the BEEP out of those Nanny!!

Did I do wrong?

Should I had minded my own business?

Was the woman right in her actions?

Your Opinions, Comments, Critiques are welcome!!

Credits
    J7 to the first three questions I'll answer a big NO. In fact I admire you for the fact you took a stance, I think alot of people would have minded their own buisness, you did the correct thing.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

j7wild Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    J7 to the first three questions I'll answer a big NO. In fact I admire you for the fact you took a stance, I think alot of people would have minded their own buisness, you did the correct thing.
    thanks!!

she's probably going to come back and sue me after she gets out of jail cause I probably ended her working days as a Nanny !!

Credits
    That was a tough situation, but I'd say you handled it pretty well. The cameras were probably the best move, as it would constitute hard evidence.

If you ever want a reason to get involved in situations like this just listen to the country song "Alyssa Lies".

Your a hero Mr J7wild! That poor-excuse for a lady will never get a job as a nanny again!
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    It's always unfortunate when an outsider has to get involved in someone else's treatment of a child. But in this case, you did the right thing. That woman had no right to hit a child she was responsible for.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    Good job, man!!!!

Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    You did very well and correct.

20 years old and a professional nanny. Of course!

Credits
    good work!

Credits
    I think You were completely in the RIGHT! Especially since the woman was not even the childs Mother. People are really stupid now-a-days and for you to step in like that I applaud you buddy. If You don't have the patience to care for children then You shouldn't be doing it. Hopefully You stopped another abused child from being hurt worse.
    Well done friend.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest
    Thanks everyone!!

I thought people were gonna say "Mind Your Own Business" or something like that!!

According to Texas Law, a person cannot babysit more than 4 children at one time; anything over that and they have to have a professional child care license and an actual Day Car storefront.

I don't think she has a license nor a storefront and she had no business trying to care for 7 children at the same time.

I babysat my friend's children one time: a boy, 12 and a daughter 3 and that was enough to drive me nuts!!

Credits
    j7 what you did I completely agree with. Who knows how long those poor kids would have went through her torture if you did not intervene. I applaud you man!!