Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Angry What is wrong with Some Children and Parents nowadays?!?

A couple of weeks ago, two kids ran up and down the DVD sales aisle of my store, side by side with their arms outstretched, hand palms out and deliberately knocked rows and rows of DVDs off the shelves.

When an employee of mine caught them, came and got me and we confronted them and we made them find their Mother; she got upset with me saying that we had the wrong kids and she even called the Police on us - she wanted to have us arrested for harassing her and her kids.

After we showed her and the Police the surveillance footage in full Digital Color and Audio and threatened to make her pay for each and every one of those DVDs (they were in the hard plastic security cases which are good at absorbing shock, we knew they weren't damaged but she didn't know that) and the Police threatened to file charges against the kids (scare tactics), did she change her attitude. We then made the kids pick up each DVD and put them back on the shelves in the correct order with the Police Officers present to make sure they did.

Two days ago, three kids were picking up DVDs off the shelves and then throwing them down the aisle as if they were throwing rocks down a pond. When I walked by and saw them, I made them go get their Mother and here we go again, another Mother who thinks her child is an Angel and we, the retailer, are in the business of harassing children and accusing them of doing God Forbid, bad things cause we have nothing better to do with our time.

So here comes the surveillance camera and the lecture from me to the Mother and the Children on what they did wrong and this time, I made the Mother buy everyone of those DVDs (18 of them at an average price of $20 each) or I was going to call the Police.

Today, another child was in my store pulling DVDs off the shelves and throwing them around and the result is the same: Mother who doesn't think her daughter has done anything wrong and Thank God for Digital Surveillance footage.

In all 3 cases, the children were the age of 9 to 13 years old and at that age, I think they should now better than to be doing something like this. I can understand a toddler doing it because he/she doesn't know better and doesn't yet know right from wrong. But 9 to 13 years old children?

In all 3 cases, the children were left unattended and unsupervised and free to run around in a store to do what they wish by their Parent.

In all 3 cases, the Parents of these children don't want to admit their children did anything wrong PRIOR to being confronted with Surveillance Footage evidence and by the Police.

So my question is... What is wrong with these Parents and Children nowadays?

Why do the kids act so recklessly and disrespectfully and why do the Parents act like their kids are Angels!!

When I was a kid, if I acted this way in public and someone at a store told my parents about my behavior; guess what happens when I get home?

I would get a major whooping by my Father with the belt!!

Credits
    Well those children definitely need some discipline, but I'm not surprised that the parents try to defend them. I would expect my family to give me the benefit of the doubt if I got accused of something.

The parents need to pay better attention to what the kids are doing. Then they'll know what kind of demon spawn they raised.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I don't agree with any forms of violence (that's just me), but that doesn't mean that I would allow my future children (aka devil spawn ) to run around like that without any structure or discipline.

I think ALL parents need to take developmental psychology courses at whatever local university or college. It is so important to realize that children develop moral codes and they are not defined at birth. That is the problem with these parents: out and out laziness.

Having children is hard work, I realize. But it is a commitment that was made by two consenting adults to undergo (of course, I'm neglecting rape in this case) and they need to realize the full extent of their course of action.

My fiance and I definately watch children actions and the parents who ignore bad behavior. Children need limits, damn it!!!!

http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif