Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    IMHO this guy has to go, it will be tough for your sister-in-law given her history but people leave partners for far less serious things than this.
    The annoying thing is, she knew about it going into the wedding. It was the rest of the family that didn't know.

I will say this, though. My sister-in-laws sure know how to pick them. My other sister-in-law was married, but when her husband found out she was pregnant, he punched her repeatedly in the stomach apparently with the intention of making her miscarry. (This was before I knew my wife.) She got out of there, divorced him, had the baby, and now "the baby" is just a couple weeks away from graduating from high school. I don't know how my wife got so lucky with her husband.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by corfy View Post
    I don't know how my wife got so lucky with her husband.

So you say but pray tell, what exactly happens in that basement of yours?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    So you say but pray tell, what exactly happens in that basement of yours?
    Actually, we don't have a basement. Our house was built on a concrete slab.

But lets see... the only time I got in trouble with the law was one time I was caught doing 49 mph in a 35 mph zone (a quarter mile behind me, it was still 55 mph zone, another half mile ahead, and it would go back to 55, but for that small strip, it dropped down to 35). I paid over $100 for that. I also got pulled over twice in a 24 hour period for a bad headlight, but got warnings both times.

I also had some illegal software on my computer for a while, although I don't have it anymore.

I am hardly perfect (my wife would tell you I'm far from perfect), but I have never hurt anyone.

Credits
    I'm also a law-abiding guy and I always wonder what attracts women to these problematic relationships?

To me it's mind boggling why women go for some bald, divorced, GED, ex-con, mechanic when there's quite a bit of "normal" guys out there.

I'm only 20 but even I can sense the folly in going for some crack whore, no matter what prospective "services" she might provide in our relationship. I often wish people were more responsible with who they pick as partners given the number of divorces and the costs we all bear for them. That's a far more general problem of responsibility aversion that I see in much of the US. Lawsuits and excuses seem to have shifted the attention from who should really be blamed for our own actions - ourselves.

While your situation does not reflect poorly on you, I do feel disappointment in your sister-in-law, she should know better at that age. In the end changing people's minds is a tough thing to do and maybe it's sometimes good that they learn from their mistakes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12