Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation No more Gisele Bündchen with Victoria's Secret

From E! News:

Gisele's Body No Longer by Victoria
    by Sarah Hall
    Tue, 1 May 2007 05:26:31 PM PDT

Victoria's Secret can't keep Gisele Bündchen.

The lingerie purveyor said Tuesday that it had parted ways with the 26-year-old supermodel after a "long and fruitful relationship."

"We wish her all the best and thank her for her extraordinary work," Victoria's Secret Chief Creative Officer Edward Razek said in a statement.

He added that Bündchen's curves would "continue to be a very visible part" of the company's brand through the end of the year.

Though the company did not elaborate on the reasons for the split, published reports suggested that Bündchen might have gotten her panties in a bunch while trying to renegotiate her contract.

The situation reportedly came to a head when Victoria's Secret refused to increase Bündchen's $5 million annual salary, leading to the Brazilian model's decision to turn in her Angel's wings and step down from the catwalk.

Bündchen's twin sister, Patricia confirmed to Brazilian Website glamurama.com that her shapely sibling broke off contract talks after the two parties were unable to come to an agreement. Meanwhile, the New York Post quoted a source who opined that the model may have gotten too greedy for her own good.

"Her demands were outrageous. She got a new lawyer who was unrealistic," the source said. "Victoria's Secret doesn't care. They have five new hotter, younger girls debuting next year. And they won't have to deal with any craziness."

On Bündchen's part, cutting ties with the bra-and-panty maker is unlikely to have much impact on her bottom line, especially given that she was recently rated the World's Richest Supermodel by Guinness World Records, with a fortune valued at $150 million.

Last month, Bündchen sold her Hollywood Hills home for $4 million and moved to New York, ostensibly to be closer to her East Coast beau, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady.

The easy-on-the-eyes twosome began keeping time early this year, shortly after Brady broke off his relationship with Bridget Moynahan, who has since announced she is expecting his child.

In March, Bündchen squashed persistent rumors that she too was expecting a child with Brady, saying it was "crazy how people can make up these stories."

"I'm not pregnant and I'm not planning to be pregnant anytime soon," she said at the time. "I have so many contracts to do, so many projects."

Looks like she can cross at least one of those contracts off her list.

Last edited by jmcc; 05-05-2007 at 01:29 PM.

j7wild Guest
    Victoria's Secret is going to debut their next generation of Supermodels at this year fashion show in the Fall!!

I can't wait!!

I hope they are all 19 years old Brazilian Women too!!