Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Terminator 4

Credits
    Ok,now it is officially ruined. Another R-rated franchise turned PG-13.

http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/05/...-set-for-pg-13

Die Hard, meet Terminator, welcome to the castrated 4th club. We learn this morning that the next Terminator is slotted to be PG-13 thanks to the professionals at Variety:

As production starts today on “Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins,” the next installment in the action franchise, producers at the Halcyon Co. say they aim to deliver a PG-13 movie to Warner Bros. for release on May 22, 2009. The “Terminator” series is one of the highest-grossing R-rated franchises of all time, with the first three films having grossed more than $1.03 billion worldwide. But Halcyon producers thought it was time to broaden the upcoming fourth film’s audience base, and they believe the PG-13 won’t compromise the series’ gritty vision.

“The ratings have changed,” said Halcyon co-founder and co-CEO Victor Kubicek, a broker-turned-writer-producer. “The PG-13 has increased in intensity.” A family-friendly rating opens many doors, including a “Terminator Salvation” licensing deal for action figures with Playmates Toys.

Credits
    And thus that is the beginning of the end. PG-13...give me a break.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

j7wild Guest
    how can a PG-13 rating increase the film's intensity?

what the heck is this Halcyon company?

what freaking experience do they have producing movies?

EDIT:

I found those morons!

They are going to get a Nasty Email from me and I suggest EVERYONE here do the same:

http://www.thehalcyoncompany.com/contact.html

j7wild Guest

Thumbs down

This movie is really gonna sucks because McG is going to direct it!!

Credits
    completely agree...hated when McG was directing it...gained a little faith when i heard john connor was gonna be played by christian bale...cause let's face it..christian bale is the ****...lol....then heard that it's gonna be pg-13....now i've gone back to losing all faith again...bring on the teenage version of terminator...

j7wild Guest
    another great Franchise ruined - wasn't Alien and Predator ruined by the AVP films enough?!?

Credits
    Same here, when the early info was coming out I was excited but now it all seems to be going downhill. Hopefully we're all wrong, I believe that Bale can carry a movie despite other shortcomings.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Same here, when the early info was coming out I was excited but now it all seems to be going downhill. Hopefully we're all wrong, I believe that Bale can carry a movie despite other shortcomings.
    I think that this is one of the best series of movies out there and can already see it trip and fall w/out Arnold, like you said hopefully Bale can resurrect it.
    rwar.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Hopefully we're all wrong, I believe that Bale can carry a movie despite other shortcomings.
    And it will be so... My Friend from NY, you'll see, that even McG can make good movie, when he have THIS story.

Credits
    Interestingly the guy from Charlie Bartlett will play the young Kyle Reese. Micheal Biehn is only in his 50s now and I'd love to see him play Reese during the war.

Credits

Credits
    Cool poster

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I just saw the Japanese trailer.....it looks amazing. Can't wait to see it!

Credits
    Well... I wasn't sure if I was going to post this or not... but I find it too interesting not to.

(even though it's been posted everywhere else... in case someone missed it)

Christian Bale goes off on a DP during Terminator: Salvation shoots.
    very much nsfw

http://www.aolcdn.com/tmz_audio/0202...istianbale.mp3

My feeling: Wether it's an incompetend DP (which I highly doubt) or a stressed out actor (I don't care), it's no excuse for a rant like that. My biggest dissapointment in this whole rant is McG. I don't care who you are, or what the problem is... Nobody talks to my crew like that. Shame on him for not stepping up and defusing this situation.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean-Pierre Bazinet View Post
    Christian Bale goes off on a DP during Terminator: Salvation shoots.
    very much nsfw

Talk about going off the deep end , and for what, walking in the background
    Anyone who thinks that they are that good, to verbally abuse other individuals to that level needs a good beating in my mind.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast