Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation Damn I got to get one of those IPhones!!

With so many functions and uses, why would anyone not want one?!?

Credits
    If the phone did all that, I would be first in line to get one. But everyone knows the iPhone can't make phonecalls. That's just crazy talk.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Tell that to the people who have been camped out in front of the Apple stores all over the world for three days.

Honestly I have to admit I have waited in 18 hour lines to get tickets for concerts or Stanley Cup playoffs but a phone? It's one thing to spend time with friends waiting for a once in a lifetime experience and something completely different waiting for a phone. Hardly any city networks even have sufficient wireless capability to make it work.

j7wild Guest

Talking

and I read they are using AT&T slower EDGE network instead of the new AT&T 3GB Digital Network because the new network has only coverages in a few cities.

it's like buying a HD TV and not having a HD Tuner and watching all the HD programs in analog resolution.

Credits
    New York has the Verizon 3G network which is a complete pos. Yes, in theory, it's supposed to be all powerful and all that but someone will just have to prove to me how a wireless network will work in an area surrounded on all sides by steel and concrete from the skyscrapers? There's barely any AIR down here, much less wireless signals.

Credits
    I've been to NEw York city and its not building crammed at all. Sydney is worse with more buildings in 1 area. I was so surprised when I went to NYC that it was so wide spread out. Sun light can get to the streets. Movies n TV show NYC has cold n dark which is all BS now.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    This is freaking funny and this woman got what she deserved...

http://www.filecabi.net/video/062907-firstiphone1.html
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    I've been to NEw York city and its not building crammed at all. Sydney is worse with more buildings in 1 area. I was so surprised when I went to NYC that it was so wide spread out. Sun light can get to the streets. Movies n TV show NYC has cold n dark which is all BS now.
    Which part of NY are you talking about? We have fairly broad streets because the city was designed that way but it's still crowded enough in downtown and midtown for low cell phone coverage. The wireless isn't much better.

The point about wireless access is that it just will not work well in urban environments. There's just too much interference from the millions of other signals and too many obstacles that are not transparent to those frequencies.