Thanks Thanks:  105
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Credits

The Dark Knight (2008)

Source

There have been rumors circulating around the normal internet circles that Warner Bros. won't have anything related to the Batman sequel The Dark Knight ready to go for the San Diego Comic-Con.

Well, guess what? That isn't so.

Superhero Hype! has just received confirmation from one of our most reliable sources that Warner Bros. plans on debuting a teaser in front of some screenings of 20th Century Fox's The Simpsons Movie on July 27, which just so happens to be the same day as the Warner Bros. panel at Comic-Con in San Diego. Don't be too surprised if they decide to spring an unannounced premiere of the teaser for The Dark Knight sometime during that 10:30 AM panel. Stay tuned to Superhero Hype! to find out more about this teaser, and remember where you heard it first!
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    Direct link, while you´re at it
    http://edgecastcdn.net/000013/video/dk_prologue.flv (12.6MB)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Trailer is out!!!

Best Quality (1080p, data rate: 6.32mbits/s, 98.2MB)
    High Quality (1080p, data rate: 4.9mbits/s, 78.1MB)
    Medium Quality (1080p, data rate: 1.58mbits/s, 24.6MB)

Now, if we could only get some high resolution versions of that IMAX footage....

MOD EDIT: added high quality version link and file size info
    Last edited by editman; 12-16-2007 at 09:58 PM.
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

Credits

Credits
    The Dark Knight IMAX Featurette
    http://www.omelete.com.br/video/dark...__the/imax.mov

MOD EDIT: That's a featurette on shooting part of the film on IMAX, not the much-requested 7-minute prologue.
    Last edited by editman; 12-22-2007 at 06:42 PM.

Credits
    good news! looks like the Dark Knight IMAX Prologue will be getting an official release after all, but on the upcoming Batman Begins Blu-Ray/HD-DVD re-release the week before the movie is released. Here's the article:

Batman Begins catapults into the high definition age on July 8th with the Blu-ray™ Hi-Definition release from Warner Home Video. Batman Begins has already been well received in high definition, as the HD DVD release is the top catalog HD seller.

Three new DVD editions -- two on Blu-ray™ Hi-Definition and one in Standard Definition -- will be released prior to the July 18th nationwide theatrical release of Warner Bros. Pictures' The Dark Knight.

Leading the Blu-ray™ Hi-Def pack is the Batman Begins Limited Edition Gift Set ($49.99 SRP). The single disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def Gift Set also includes The Dark Knight prologue" (the first six minutes of the film), a Batman Begins motion art lenticular, a 32-page booklet including an all-new DC Comics comic book adaptation of The Dark Knight prologue, exclusive photos, script pages and story boards. This Gift Set will also include five Batman Begins collectible postcards with never-before printed key art from the theatrical release, as well as $7.50 "movie cash" towards the purchase of an adult ticket to see The Dark Knight in theatres.

A single disc Blu-ray™ Hi-Def version ($28.99 SRP) of Batman Begins will also be available. This also features The Dark Knight prologue.

Batman Begins Limited Edition Gift Set will also be available in a 2-Disc Standard Definition ($39.92 SRP) version. This Gift Set will include a 128MB Batman branded flash drive, five Batman Begins collectible postcards with never-before printed key art from the theatrical release, as well as $7.50 "movie cash" towards the purchase of an adult ticket to see The Dark Knight in theatres.
    ok, then. if anyone here will be willing to rip the prologue off one of these versions come July 8th into a Quicktime file and post the download link via on here, by all means let me know. I'd REALLY love to have it, as would the rest of us on here.

Credits
    Arrghh and I was hoping for the trailer to debut already!

Credits
    Not that it helps much... but here are some of the codes:

Boston (43-26-76)
    Philadelphia (26-16-06)
    New York (33-80-89)
    Toronto (32-60-68)
    Chicago (98-20-49)

Once you open the safe, it gives you more instructions that you are supposed to relay the person on the ground, and he'll get more info.

Credits
    I'm sorry, but I have to really call BS to WB on this one. Just post the silly trailer already. I've defended viral marketing to a bunch of people, and I still think it can be fun, but this feels like a complete bait and switch. Not that it will matter, the movie will still be a big hit and I'll still be there opening weekend, but I hate feeling jerked around. Don't get me wrong, it's their product, they can market it as they please and certainly aren't obligated to anyone to post their trailer at any given time, but how hard would it be to post a notice like everyone else does lately? "We're having a viral campaign on Monday the 28th with the trailer going onlne the following Sunday." They could have posted that two weeks ago and there wouldn't have been any expectations.

Frankly, I hope people continue to bootleg the crap out of the trailer and they end up having to post it early.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by grayhammond View Post
    I'm sorry, but I have to really call BS to WB on this one. Just post the silly trailer already. I've defended viral marketing to a bunch of people, and I still think it can be fun, but this feels like a complete bait and switch. Not that it will matter, the movie will still be a big hit and I'll still be there opening weekend, but I hate feeling jerked around. Don't get me wrong, it's their product, they can market it as they please and certainly aren't obligated to anyone to post their trailer at any given time, but how hard would it be to post a notice like everyone else does lately? "We're having a viral campaign on Monday the 28th with the trailer going onlne the following Sunday." They could have posted that two weeks ago and there wouldn't have been any expectations.

Frankly, I hope people continue to bootleg the crap out of the trailer and they end up having to post it early.
    100% agree. Everyone was expecting the trailer to come out, everyone. Then to turn around and pull this is just not right. Fine show the people who did the little viral thingy the trailer first, but then release it the next day. Don't wait a whole frigging week.

Credits
    he's right. that's for the trailer from LAST YEAR! y'know, the one that was shown with I AM LEGEND (good movie, btw)?

Credits
    Full trailer full trailer, where art thou?

Credits
    The new trailer is up. These are all HD versions of various qualities. There's a FLV version on the 'Happy Trails', which significantly more talented people can decode.

Low (53 MB): http://media.whysoserious.com/TDK_TRL3_med.mov
    Med (125 MB): http://media.whysoserious.com/TDK_TRL3_high.mov
    High (212 MB): http://media.whysoserious.com/TDK_TRL3_best.mov

The bootleg looks like small grapes compared to the full quality. This is easily my most anticipated film of the year.

The added quality also allows you to see the shot of Dent with the gun (2:03) is Two-Face. Also, doesn't Joker look pissed at the burning money at 1:32?

Credits
    Very lovely...just can't wait for this

Credits
    We need to find now the Jokerized Version in HD.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast