Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    j7wild Guest

Exclamation Fall 2007 TV Show Program Grids !!

Green Squares show programs with No Scheduling Change
    Yellow Square show programs with New Time
    White Square show New Debuting Series

Red Dates next to a show indicates the Premiere Date

Please Note that CBS' "Jericho" has been cancelled and it's not listed here!!

Please Note that NEW EPISODES of NBC's "Law and Order CI Criminal Intent" will now play on USA starting October 4th

ALL Time listed here are Eastern/Pacific

SUNDAY

MONDAY

TUESDAY

WEDNESDAY

THURSDAY and FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SHOWS NOT RETURNING FOR FALL 2007

TOP 10 Best New Shows of 2007:

Give the following shows a chance; they are G-R-E-A-T !!

NO 1 PICK: Gossip Girl

(CW, Wednesdays, 9 ET/PT, Sept. 19)

Stars: Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, Chace Crawford

Every teen show can't be a High School Musical.

Produced by The OC's Josh Schwartz from a popular series of books, Gossip Girl takes Schwartz's former Fox favorite and gives it a nastier New York spin full of sex and spite. If HSM is ridiculously innocent, Girl is just as ridiculously mature and worldly, which is how older teens prefer their fantasies.

Girl is, at times, too adult for its and its audience's own good, but the central relationship between a fallen deb (Lively) and the poor — but of course handsome — boy who loves her (Badgley) has potential. And if kids like the show better than parents do, that will be just fine with CW. As long as those parents let their kids watch.

Pushing Daisies

(ABC, Wednesdays, 8 ET/PT, Oct. 3)

Stars: Lee Pace, Anna Friel, Chi McBride, Kristin Chenoweth, Swoosie Kurtz, Ellen Greene

Welcome to the best blooming show of the year.

Yet to say Pushing Daisies is the season's best pilot doesn't do it justice. It may be the best pilot since Lost, the kind of show that revives your faith in network TV. And while it is true that ABC has topped this list the past two years with fine shows that didn't fly (The Nine and Invasion), the brighter, more accessible Daisies could be the third charm that breaks that curse.

Created by Bryan Fuller (of cult-adored Wonderfalls fame), directed by filmmaker Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black) and graced with the year's most engaging ensemble, Daisies is an enchanting fable about love, death and the powers and problems of human contact.

It's built around a lonely hero (Pace) who is able to bring people back to life, or send them back to death, with a touch — a power that allows him to solve crimes and right wrongs, but which also isolates him.

More than with most shows, though, it isn't enough to just read about Daisies. You have to see it — to revel in the witty, candy-colored glow of Sonnenfeld's visuals, in the warmth of Fuller's vision, and in the endearingly eccentric characters so winningly played by this great cast. Indeed, if you've ever expressed a desire for something different on TV, you owe it to yourself to check Daisies out.

Reaper

(CW, Tuesdays, 9 ET/PT, Sept. 25)

Stars: Bret Harrison, Ray Wise

And you think you have a bad boss.

Consider Sam (Harrison), an ambition-free store clerk who has just discovered that his parents sold his soul to the devil (Wise). Luckily for us, the devil doesn't need another tenant. What he needs is a bounty hunter, a job Sam and his best friend (Invasion's Tyler Labine) will now struggle to perform.

Reaper has the good sense not to take itself too seriously or dwell too long on the darker aspects of its premise. Like the show, Harrison and Labine take a humorously laid-back approach to their dilemma, and Wise's wry turn as an extremely self-satisfied Satan is one of the season's breakout performances. If the show holds up, it could be the first new scripted CW series to reap a little positive attention.

Chuck

(NBC, Mondays, 8 ET/PT, Sept. 24)

Stars: Zachary Levi, Yvonne Strzechowski, Adam Baldwin

Sure, the kids in Reaper have a deal with the devil, but poor Chuck has to deal with the CIA. You can decide for yourself who has it tougher.

A geek among geeks, Chuck (Less Than Perfect's Levi) works for one of those computer fix-it squads, or he does until all the computer files of the CIA are downloaded into his brain. Now he has to figure out how to access them, while the government decides whether to use him or eliminate him.

What Chuck has going for it, beyond its super-regular-guy concept, is an incredibly winning performance by Levi, who plays Chuck as a likable underachiever who suddenly sees what it might be like to achieve something. Plus, like Reaper, it has a light comic touch, which is a very nice change after so many somber fantasies and conspiracy-theory adventures. Chuck may be a reluctant spy, but he's not a tortured one, and that's as welcome as a fully functioning computer.

Samantha Who?

(ABC, Mondays, 9:30 ET/PT, Oct. 15)

Stars: Christina Applegate, Jean Smart, Kevin Dunn, Barry Watson

I can tell you who Samantha is. She's Christina Applegate, and as this show proves, she's a genuine star.

She'll need all the star power she can muster to carry Samantha, a funny but complicated sitcom about a woman who forgets who she is. Worse, as she begins to remember, she realizes she doesn't like the woman she was or most of the people she knew — including her mom, played by another certified star, Smart.

Applegate is appealing and the pilot is the year's most amusing, but like many pilots these days, it plays more like a setup for a movie than for a series. It's not easy to see how Sam's remember-and-redemption routine can be stretched out over multiple seasons.

Still, the network and the writers must think it can be done or they wouldn't be trying. Good thing they have a star who makes it worth the effort.

Aliens in America

(CW, Mondays, 8:30 ET/PT, Oct. 1)

Stars: Dan Byrd, Adhir Kalyan, Amy Pietz, Scott Patterson

Seldom has a fish-out-of-water comedy risked swimming in more troubled waters.

A sweet sitcom with a distinctive edge, Aliens is an outcast comedy with a satiric twist. Justin (Byrd) is a smart kid with no friends, so his mom (Pietz) orders up a Swedish exchange student in hopes of increasing her son's popularity — and gets a Pakistani (Kalyan) instead. That makes the boys a target for bullies, bigots and every bad side effect of the war on terror, as the show pokes fun at our prejudices and our blurry view of anything beyond our borders.

In the version critics saw, Justin could at least count on his nerdish dad for help. But the role is being reshaped for the gruffer Patterson; let's hope it doesn't sink a show that seemed to be floating along just fine.

Back to You

(Fox, Wednesdays, 8 ET/PT, Sept. 19)

Stars: Kelsey Grammer, Patricia Heaton, Fred Willard, Ty Burrell

If anyone can propel a sitcom hit, you'd think it would be Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton.

Certainly, you won't find any two actors with more comedy talent or a better track record than these veterans of Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond. Plus, they've had the sense to chose appropriate roles — battling local news anchors who were once lovers — and to surround themselves with such strong supporting players as Willard and Burrell.

So what could go wrong? Well, in the pilot, the other supporting characters and many of the jokes failed to rise to the level of the show's stars. There's some funny stuff here, but it's in danger of being swamped by too much that is simply smarmy. (Yes, they've had sex, we get it.) And it takes a turn at the end that seems wrongheaded in the extreme.

Still, there's so much talent here — and so much longing out there for a real sitcom hit — that you just have to hope that talent gets put to better use. Until I'm sure it won't be, I'll be back for more.
    Last edited by j7wild; 09-08-2007 at 02:36 PM.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

The Big Bang Theory

(CBS, Mondays, 8:30 ET/PT, Sept. 24)

Stars: Kaley Cuoco, Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons

TV has always loved to watch smart people acting stupid. Created by Bill Prady and Two and a Half Men's Chuck Lorre, Bang is a broad comedy about a pretty girl (Cuoco) who moves next door to two unsocialized geniuses (Galecki and Parsons), who lose first their hearts and then their pants. Think of Beauty and the Geek or, if you love old movies, Ball of Fire, and you'll get the idea.

It would be nice if Galecki seemed more comfortable, and if the show used the boys' super-brains for something other than the butt of jokes. Still, Parsons makes an incredibly impressive debut, and Lorre has a proven knack for making laugh-out-loud sitcoms, something few others these days even attempt. That alone is reason enough to give Bang a chance to get bigger and better.

Private Practice

(ABC, Wednesdays, 9 ET/PT, Sept. 26)

Stars: Kate Walsh, Tim Daly, Amy Brenneman, Audra McDonald, Taye Diggs, Paul Adelstein

Now and then, even critics get to engage in wishful thinking.

Granted, Practice did not get off to the best of starts, thanks to a Grey's Anatomy spinoff episode that bordered on the unwatchable. But as you may remember, Grey's own pilot, though far better than this, wasn't anything to write home about, either. And look at how well that show came together.

Can Practice do the same? In its favor are a proven writing staff and a sterling all-star cast. Any one of those actors could head up a show of his or her own, and in many cases has already done so.

Even so, the show could still end up giving new meaning to the phrase "lousy with talent." But why expect the worst when the joy of fall is that it allows us to hope for the best? Given the choice, you might as well bet that Private will get better with, well, practice.

Women's Murder Club

(ABC, Fridays, 9 ET/PT, Oct. 12)

Stars: Angie Harmon, Paula Newsome, Laura Harris, Aubrey Dollar

There's a lot to be said for being the right show at the right time.

Based on the books by James Patterson, Club follows four professional women — led by the almost impossibly beautiful Harmon — who form a secret crime-fighting club. The results hardly add up to some great TV breakthrough, but then, the show isn't trying to break any barriers. It seems to be content to be what it is: a well-cast, well-told mystery that seems perfectly suited to a Friday night slot, network entertainment at its most reliably competent.

Happy Viewing!!

Credits
    Great post, thanks.

Credits
    Reaper and Chuck had EXCELLENT pilots, hope the shows do well
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    [size=4]Please Note that CBS' "Jericho" has been cancelled and it's not listed here!!

Production photo from Jericho Season 2

Jericho Season 2 is currently in production. No "official" date has been set for it's return. Most likely it will return in October or November (after the reruns of Season 1 have concluded). I should also note it is currently a "limited" run of 7 episodes.

For more info on the production: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/jericho/blog.php
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Unfortunately, Bionic Woman and Mythbusters are in the same timeslot. But still, I haven't had this many television shows that I wanted to watch in one year in quite a long time.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    Dont tell me you wanna watch Bionic woman! Its a pure crap, I hated it

j7wild Guest
    here's the Gossip Girl website:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/gossip-girl

Blake Lively, the hot girl from "Accepted" is in here

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    [color="#00FF00"]

Please Note that NEW EPISODES of NBC's "Law and Order CI Criminal Intent" will now play on USA starting October 4th
    I love Criminal Intent. Can't wait for the new episodes to start up on October 4th. Have you guys seen the promos about the move to USA? They are so funny. Glad this show can get some love on USA.

Credits
    I'm planning to try out Reaper, Chuck, Journeyman, Moonlight and Bionic Woman. Of course, I'll need the DVR to pick up all the continued shows too.

Let's see, Heroes, NCIS, House, Smallville, Supernatural, The Office...

Ugh, I have no life.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

j7wild Guest

Smile

I am going to watch Gossip Girl!!

Young Girls in Catholic School Girl Outfits; what's not to love?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    Dont tell me you wanna watch Bionic woman! Its a pure crap, I hated it
    I haven't seen it. I want to watch it once or twice so I can tell if I want to watch it on a regular basis or not.

Credits
    So far Chuck, Journeyman and Reaper are great, Bionic Woman is pure B which isnt gonna hold even one season.
    Come to think of it, I watch like 20 TV Shows on regular basis right now, so dont worry wirm. it sounds like you have twice bigger life than I have (actually I dont know how I do it, but I think my life is extremely great ...)

j7wild Guest

Smile

the New Fall Season is almost 2 weeks old and still not sure of what new (and returning) shows to watch?

well, maybe some visual aids will help:

j7wild Guest

Smile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast