Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Donnie Darko sequel S. Darko

Just posted courtesy of Screen Daily

Donnie Darko sequel S. Darko starts shooting May 18
    Wendy Mitchell in London
    09 May 2008 05:00

UK-based sales company Velvet Octopus will be launching sales in Cannes for S. Darko, billed as the sequel to the 2001 cult hit Donnie Darko. Fox has already taken North American rights.

Daviegh Chase reprises her role as Donnie's younger sister. The cast for S. Darko also includes Ed Westwick (Son Of Rambow, Gossip Girl), Briana Evigan (Step Up 2) and Justin Chatwin (Dragon Ball).

Ash Shah's Silver Nitrate and Newmarket Capital are producing. Los Angeles-based Chris Fisher, who previously made Nightstalker and Rampage: The Hillside Strangler Murders, will direct. The budget is pegged around $10m.

The story picks up seven years after the first film (and Donnie's death) when little sister Samantha Darko and her best friend Corey are now 18 and on a roadtrip to Los Angeles when they are plagued by bizarre visions.

Fisher said in a statement: "I am a great admirer of Richard Kelly's film and hope to create a similar world of blurred fantasy and reality."

Producers have spoken to Richard Kelly about the project but he is not involved in any official capacity at this stage.

Simon Crowe of Velvet Octopus added: "I think there is a new generation of cinema-goers who will be very excited to see this film."

Crowe quipped to ScreenDaily: "Donnie's not in [the new film] but there are meteorites and rabbits."

The project starts shooting May 18.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Its official, Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Credits

?

Seriously

This almost reads out like an article out of 'The Onion'
    'You sit on a throne of lies!' - Buddy the Christmas Elf

Credits

Exclusive Donnie Darko 2 Poster

Exclusive Donnie Darko 2 Poster
    Source Moviesonline.ca

From the studio comes your first exclusive look at the Donnie Darko 2 poster along with an official synopsis. This next chapter of the Darko saga picks up with Samantha, Donnie’s younger sister, who, in the wake of his death, has found herself at 17 with a broken family, mired in feelings of insignificance, and with no aspirations for the future. The archetypal character study and genre mixing of Donnie Darko is reprised, but with a fresh spin on the roles within the Tangent Universe that warrants the telling of this darker, more jaded tale of tragedy, second chances, sacrifice and rebirth.]

Credits
    And here I thought Donnie Darko was one of the only sequel-less movies out there. What next, a sequel to Sunshine or 300?!
    http://web.sm3thegame.com/media/2502/2863/9999999/BannerPassContest1.gif

j7wild Guest
    Hey, I'm still waiting for a sequel to Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Forrest Gump!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Hey, I'm still waiting for a sequel to Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Forrest Gump!!
    And me, Titanic 2. Cameron was suppose to do it...
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Nance View Post
    And me, Titanic 2. Cameron was suppose to do it...

Credits
    http://www.themovieblog.com/2008/05/...donnie-darko-2

http://www.moviehole.net/news/200805..._world_of.html

Elizabeth Berkeley, the "Saved by the Bell" actress who butt-rumped a thousand childhood's with her performance in the racy "Showgirls" (1995), has emerged from the B-land that the film put her in to land a role in the "Donnie Darko" sequel.

Berkeley, who has been appearing in such direct-to-DVD classics (snigger) as "Detonator" and "The Elevator" over the past couple of years, will attempt to reclaim some of those fans (the same fans that fell in love with her as the squeaky clean Jessie on kiddie series "Saved by the Bell") that she lost when she straddled Kyle MacLachlan in the pool in Paul Verhoeven's sexy stinker, by playing the very unracy role of a ''speed freak-turned-Jesus freak whose sentiments about ridding the world of its exponential sin are rivaled only by her infatuation with her dreamy pastor'' in the film, says Reuters.

http://www.askmen.com/women/actress_...h_berkley.html

Credits
    I really like her heterochromia eyes. Someone know the role she will play?

Credits
    "S.Darko"?????

Has there been ANY movie news this month that aren't poorly presented sequels? Meanwhile there's a a gazillion books, battles, and stories out there to do.

Credits
    Source MovieWeb

Elizabeth Berkley and Briana Evigan Board S. Darko

Elizabeth Berkley and Briana Evigan have stepped onboard S. Darko (aka "Samantha D"), the sequel to Donnie Darko being directed by Chris Fisher. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Ed Westwick (Gossip Girl) and Justin Chatwin (The Chumscrubber) also are in the movie, which stars Daveigh Chase, reprising her role from the original cult classic.
    The story, set seven years after the first film, follows Donnie Darko's sister, Samantha, who, in dealing with her broken family, flees town with her best friend (Evigan) when they are plagued by bizarre visions.
    Berkley is playing a speed freak-turned-Jesus freak whose sentiments about ridding the world of its exponential sin are rivaled only by her infatuation with her dreamy pastor.

Production has begun in Utah.