Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Post Dumbledore is gay per JK Rowling

From Yahoo! (note this is in movie related because it actually has to do with Harry Potter 6 script)

Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay. J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall.

After reading briefly from the final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," she took questions from audience members.

She was asked by one young fan whether Dumbledore finds "true love."

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."

Potter readers on fan sites and elsewhere on the Internet have speculated on the sexuality of Dumbledore, noting that he has no close relationship with women and a mysterious, troubled past. And explicit scenes with Dumbledore already have appeared in fan fiction.

Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince," she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore. A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.

Rowling, finishing a brief "Open Book Tour" of the United States, her first tour here since 2000, also said that she regarded her Potter books as a "prolonged argument for tolerance" and urged her fans to "question authority."

Not everyone likes her work, Rowling said, likely referring to Christian groups that have alleged the books promote witchcraft. Her news about Dumbledore, she said, will give them one more reason.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    wow, thats surprising ... well, he always acted a bit ... strange, but gay? geez, thats lame. greatest wizard of all time ... hmm, not great at all. I think I would do better if I didnt know
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I guess I shouldn´t, but I actually was surprised when this showed up on serious newsites like BBC news.
    I Understand that the relese of the book was big news, and the sales it got. But that one of the characters is gay. Does that really belong on serious newssites?

I read all the books, and thought they where ok. But am I the only one who wants to shout "WHO GIVES A F*%&". why should we care if hes gay or not? Does it really matter? SHould we like the character more or less now?
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    I dont think it changes lot about him. It sure doesnt change what he did. If Hitler was gay, would it change something? If pope was, would it change something? ... dont think so. It looks like they just wanted to bring an attention on the books again

Credits
    His sexuality never crossed my mind, so he's gay? That's cool, some of my best friends are gay.

Credits
    Gay or straight, I don't think it's something she should've come out with. I always thought of those teachers in the books as sort of "asexual", you know? Do we really want to know about their sexual pasts? Not really. It's just changing the books now into something they never really were before.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
    Gay or straight, I don't think it's something she should've come out with. I always thought of those teachers in the books as sort of "asexual", you know? Do we really want to know about their sexual pasts? Not really. It's just changing the books now into something they never really were before.
    good point. personally, i don't care if they all were gay but this is just something to keep her name and harry potter in the spotlight a little longer since she said she is not going to write anymore about the Potter universe ....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I've just finished the book. Al is gay! Well, I don't really care. You can more imagine the characters if you know more about them. It's not just about their sexual pasts, but it's interesting to know if two characters were in love in the story, ex. Dumbledore/Grindelwald...
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile