Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Newest Plastic Surgery Trend: Spock Ears

What started as an exception may soon become the norm if recent trends are anything to go by. Pointed ears, made famous by Star Trek's Mr Spock, seem to be the choice of many music loving youngsters in New York. They are resorting to plastic surgery to get the perfect pair of pointed ears. Today, ear sculpting is being offered by many body art and modification shops. Developed by Hungarian plastic surgeon, Dr. Lajos Nagy, pointed ears apparently enhances music listening experience.

Highlights of ear sculpting
    a. This is a comparatively recent trend.
    b. The procedure is safe and can be easily tolerated by patients.
    c. It is a one-day-surgery and involves the use of local anesthesia.
    d. It involves the careful dissection of the structures at the upper pole of the earlobe.
    e. The reshaping is done by modellation of a chondro-cutaneous flap, which contains the cartilage and skin of the patient.
    f. The new shape is fixed with absorbable sutures and the skin is closed with unabsorbable uninterrupted sutures.
    g. The new ears are bandaged for a week.
    h. Sutures are removed after 2 weeks.
    i. Results are visible after the removal of the bandage, but the swelling of soft tissues and the final shape of the ear is seen after 3 to 4 weeks.

Source
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    I am a huge Trekkie, but... I think I'll pass. Thanks but no thanks.

I once jokingly said that the only tattoo I wanted to get was the uniform badge from the original Star Trek series on my chest (right where the real badge would be if I were wearing a uniform). One of my co-workers offered to pay for it, but I turned down that opportunity as well.
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection

Credits
    I have to admit tho, pointed ears on some ppl do look hot. U can really pick up some hot vulcuns in the series
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    It also reminds me of the ears from that Elven species from Lord of the Rings. You could be a real life Legolas....

Credits
    I wonder if Leonard Nimoy would do this. It would certainly cut down on makeup time for the upcoming Star Trek movie.

I doubt that Zachary Quinto would do it since I can't picture Sylar with pointed ears, but what do I know?

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    I have to admit tho, pointed ears on some ppl do look hot. U can really pick up some hot vulcuns in the series
    Haha, lol so true
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.