Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Knight Rider (tv)

Since this is about the upcoming Knight Rider tv movie/series and not the movie (if it ever comes out), I am bringing this here.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/1120/hasselhoffd.html

Hasselhoff in talks on new Knight Rider

David Hasselhoff is in talks to reprise his role as Michael Knight in the sequel to his hit 1980s TV series 'Knight Rider'.

The Hollywood Reporter says that the new series follows the adventures of Mike Tracer (Justin Bruening), the son of Michael Knight who never knew his father.

In the pilot movie, Mike is enlisted by his former girlfriend Sarah (US soap star Deanna Russo) to help find her missing father, the inventor of the super car KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand).

Deanna Russo on IMDB

http://deannarusso.com/

Credits

Credits
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2007/1107/knightrider.html

New Knight Rider gets leading man

The actor who will play the lead role in the new version of the 1980s TV classic 'Knight Rider' has been announced.

The Hollywood Reporter says that soap star Justin Bruening will play the son of Michael Knight - the character originally played by David Hasselhoff - in the two-hour pilot episode for the new series.

Bruening stars in the soap 'All My Children' on US TV. Hasselhoff was also a soap actor when he was cast in 'Knight Rider'; he starred in 'The Young & the Restless'.
    Advertisement

The pilot episode of the new 'Knight Rider' will air as a TV movie in the US later this year

Credits
    The red lights on the hood of that Mustang seems photoshoped to me

Credits
    The new voice of KITT

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=21655

Will Arnett Is KITT
    He'll voice the car in Knight Rider
    Will Arnett Is KITT
    This is TV news, but it's TV news that involves both Knight Rider and Will Arnett, and those are two things that the public at large need to know about.

Arnett (Arrested Development) has been officially announced as the man to provide the voice of the car KITT in the upcoming TV show redo of Knight Rider. This might be the most inspired casting we've heard all year. Arnett's got a good bit of gravel going on, but he's, more importantly, freakin' hilarious and easily one of the best of The 27%ers™.

Credits
    More pics of KITT

Credits
    of all the cars they could use for this, and they pick a Cobra Mustang ..?? such imagination. i personally would have used somethign a little more futuristic looking, but that's just me. the original KITT wasn't really that psectacular looking, but at least it had some class. i really dont see that with this.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    One problem I have with this is the lineage of the cars. The original was the Knight Industry Two (2) Thousand. That red car in the 90's tv movie Knight Rider 2000 was the Knight Industry Four (4) Thousand. This car is supposed to be a Knight Industry Three (3) Thousand?

Credits
    http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-ride...krs-334268.php

Knight Rider GT500KR's May Not Actually Be KR's

UPDATE: The great "tip" we got apparently can be found directly in the press release handed out by Ford yesterday. Ford has been quite clear these aren't real KR Mustangs. Here's the Ford release. -- Ed. All is not well in the land of Knight Rider as we hear the K.I.T.T. models that everyone was shown might not be actual KR's because most of the cast can't drive a stick. It's possible that two are stock automatic GTs converted to look like KR's and one is maybe an actual KR with an auto box swapped in. We also have it from one of our sources that there are a lot of people upset over the choice of the Mustang, but that NBC is too happy with whatever deal they have with Ford to care. The details below the jump:

This is what we have from our source:

None of theme are true Kr's...They had to be automatic cause most of the cast can't drive stick, so they had Galpin whip up some stock automatics to look KRish....and [name redacted] and the designer had expressed their problems with using the stang feeling fans would be a lil pissed and the Execs brushed them off. I spoke with [redacted] yesterday and he asked me what I thought knowing I was a fan and I told him I didn't like it...and he said "Everyone doesn't like it cept NBC"

This goes along with what we hear from another Universal Employee about all of the Stangs being automatic. What's the truth? If only there were some sort of mysterious Foundation for Law and Governance to send a lone man and a talking robot of some sort to aid in uncovering the deepest, darkest secrets.

Credits
    http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/l...-7423241c.html

'Rider' hits the gas

Gentlemen, start your artificially intelligent, shape-shifting supercar engines: The "Knight Rider" remake, starring Deanna Russo and Justin Bruening, has a premiere date.

NBC will unveil its updated version of the 1982-86 series with a two-hour movie on Feb. 17. The film will also serve as a back-door pilot for a series targeted for the 2008-09 season.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    http://jalopnik.com/cars/knight-ride...krs-334268.php

Knight Rider GT500KR's May Not Actually Be KR's

UPDATE: The great "tip" we got apparently can be found directly in the press release handed out by Ford yesterday. Ford has been quite clear these aren't real KR Mustangs. Here's the Ford release. -- Ed. All is not well in the land of Knight Rider as we hear the K.I.T.T. models that everyone was shown might not be actual KR's because most of the cast can't drive a stick. It's possible that two are stock automatic GTs converted to look like KR's and one is maybe an actual KR with an auto box swapped in. We also have it from one of our sources that there are a lot of people upset over the choice of the Mustang, but that NBC is too happy with whatever deal they have with Ford to care. The details below the jump:

This is what we have from our source:

None of theme are true Kr's...They had to be automatic cause most of the cast can't drive stick, so they had Galpin whip up some stock automatics to look KRish....and [name redacted] and the designer had expressed their problems with using the stang feeling fans would be a lil pissed and the Execs brushed them off. I spoke with [redacted] yesterday and he asked me what I thought knowing I was a fan and I told him I didn't like it...and he said "Everyone doesn't like it cept NBC"

This goes along with what we hear from another Universal Employee about all of the Stangs being automatic. What's the truth? If only there were some sort of mysterious Foundation for Law and Governance to send a lone man and a talking robot of some sort to aid in uncovering the deepest, darkest secrets.

wasn't the first KITT an automatic...?? i dont remember seeing Mike changing gears all that often ....

Credits
    I think you are right. Only difference is that the Trans Ams back then were known to be automatic as well. It is fairly known that Cobras only come in manual,not auto. If they used a Mustang instead of a Cobra it wouldn't have mattered much since they are also automatics.

You should be able to see the gearshift in this vid. It looks like an auto but can't tell for sure.

Credits
    First teaser trailer for Knight Rider ...

Last edited by Hardkore; 12-26-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Credits

Credits
    Whoa,who wants to PARTY. NBC is hosting a launch party for the premier of the new Knight Rider at none other than the Playboy Mansion!

http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1542304.php

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast