Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits

Heath Ledger dead

Breaking News on CNN...

Actor Heath Ledger has been found dead in a Manhattan apartment, New York police tell CNN.

According to the New York City Police Department, Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment in downtown Manhattan on January 22, 2008.

Sewell Chan of The New York Times writes: "At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger’s bedroom. When no one answered, the housekeeper and the masseuse opened the bedroom and found Mr. Ledger unconscious. They shook him, but he did not respond. They immediately called the authorities. The police said they did not suspect foul play and said they found pills near body."

Credits
    Oh, NO!

This is terrible, terrible news. How could this be? Here's a talent with so far a decent track record of acting roles and a promising career ahead, now all gone.

It seems just like yesterday when I DLed and watched the official RealVideo trailer of Two Hands. His life ended way too short. Only 28 (EDIT: corrected), even younger than I am. (So this must be how people felt when James Dean and Marilyn Monroe died.)

I'm not a particular fan, but still devastated, shocked to the system right now I can't think of anything intelligent to say.
    Last edited by editman; 01-22-2008 at 09:50 PM.

"The idea was to be a symbol. editman could be anybody, that was the point."

Trolls destroyed the Forum

my DVD/blu-ray List

Credits
    damn it. fracking drugs! I guess Dark Knight will be his final goodbye
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    well, i guess that answers the question on whether or not he is coming back to do another Batman movie....

ill save my other comment when they declare his death was self-induced....
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Just got home an heard the news. I'm in total shock. We've lost a great actor today. I wonder how this will effect TDK.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    It's unbelivable for me... I'm devastated...

And like editman says: So this must be how people felt when James Dean and Marilyn Monroe died.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by st39.6 View Post
    damn it. fracking drugs! I guess Dark Knight will be his final goodbye
    Do not jump to conclusions, no one has mentioned drug overdose, just pills near the body...

I'm totaly in shock by this, feels like someone has punched me in the gutt. You don't expect to hear news like this about someone so young.

Credits
    yea, sry, we call even pills drugs, sry for confusion ... anyway for me personaly, its the same

Credits
    Its a complete shocker!!!!
    Reminds me of his movie Candy.

One thing is for sure now, TDK will be absolutely great now! Look what Giant did for James Dean n his death did for the movie.
    Perhaps not another sequel will be made with the Joker but the Joker is an easy role to be replaced with.
    Last edited by Kn'thrak; 01-22-2008 at 07:37 PM.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Kn'thrak View Post
    Its a complete shocker!!!!
    Reminds me of his movie Hard Candy.
    He wasn't in Hard Candy...

Credits
    Really sad news.

I liked him in stuff like

A Knights Tale
    Four Feathers
    Ned Kelly
    Brokeback Mountain

Was looking foward to what else he had planned. I'm shocked because I wouldn't have thought someone like Heath would have died so young

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by odj_310388 View Post
    He wasn't in Hard Candy...
    He mean "Candy" I think.

j7wild Guest
    I never really liked him or dislike him but when he was cast as the Joker, I knew his career was going to be skyrocketing and now this!!

Credits
    Sad, just so sad...what a waste.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/296408

Ledger was also one of six actors portraying different sides of the iconic rocker Bob Dylan in I'm Not There, released last year.

Ledger told The New York Times in a November interview that he ``stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film, and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a ``psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.''

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,'' Ledger told the Times. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour, the paper said.
    You could tell from the trailers that he really nailed the role but I'm hoping that it didn't lead him down this road.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast