Thanks Thanks:  0
    j7wild Guest

Angry Anyone seen "NEXT" (Cage/Biel/Moore)?!?

I watched it today and what is up with the ending?

I want to know what happens!!

plus what does he means when he says he made a mistake?

one of the crappiest ending to a movie I seen in a long time!!

Credits

Exclamation

Spoiler ahead, so stop reading if you care about seeing this movie unspoiled:

The second half of the movie never happened. From when he escapes from the cabin, the rest of the movie is an extended look in the future (which he can only do because Biel's character is involved...the movie explains that for some reason he can see further than normal into the future where she is concerned). So when he says he made a mistake, he means that he wasn't able to stop the bomb from exploding in that timeline. Thus, when we see him leave the cabin and join the FBI at the end of the movie, he has figured out which timeline achieves the most ideal result and will therefore follow those actions. We are left to assume that the eventual timeline will be similar to the one we saw with the exception of managing to prevent the bomb from exploding. It's not a great movie by any stretch, but I enjoyed it in that 'turn off my brain and watch a Bruckheimer flick for 90 minutes' way. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Small correction. The resulting timeline will most likely not include Biel's character being kidnapped since he convinces her to stay out of things. However, the important part is the he now knows where and when the bomb will be detonated which should allow them to stop it from going off (not to mention where the bad guys' headquarters is).

Jack

j7wild Guest

Red face

thank you Jack, that explains it!!

guess I was too busy staring at Jessica!!

Credits
    To comment: Biel helped him Cage "unlock" his ability (just by her presence). The movie actually uses the time frame of jumping two min, but cage begins (with the TV news screen) to understand that he can jump two min after jumping two min, effectively allowing him to see as far as he wants to, and as many pathways as are necessary.

I actually kinda liked the movie. It was fun.
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Same here, I enjoyed it ....
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    I liked it. Very Un-hollywood of them to let the movie end like that. And thats a good thing
    "A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." / Carl Sagan

Credits
    Nicholas Cage hair get stuck in the door 23 times they said.

Credits
    I really enjoyed this movie also. Although I am a Cage fan. It was a really cool concept.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"