Thanks Thanks:  0
    Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits

Exclamation 2012 (new Roland Emmerich)

2009 - release year
    200 millions - budget

It will be something to watch:

Sony has snapped up "2012," a spec script for a 2009 summer tentpole release that Roland Emmerich will direct.
    Sony has essentially committed to greenlight the film, signaling that studios are open to flashy packages after the resolution of the writers strike. Production will begin in late summer or early fall.

Deal came on the same day that Emmerich pitched his vision and his budget projections for the film, which he scripted with "10,000 B.C." co-writer Harald Kloser. Execs at various studios, who read the script Tuesday, were then invited to pitch Emmerich and his CAA reps on how they would market the picture.

Several studios bid on the project, while some shied away from a pricetag that could hit $200 million.

The title refers to the date on which the world is supposed to end, and it frames an ensemble disaster epic akin to "The Day After Tomorrow," the blockbuster that Emmerich sold in a similar spec sale and which turned into a global hit for 20th Century Fox.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    7/10/09 - release date.

Credits
    ^^^ not anymore...

New release date - 11/13/2009

I think it's not good idea. Right now 2012 must challenge Sherlock Holmes, The Tooth Fairy and the second weekends of A Christmas Carol (2009), The Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Wolfman.