Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Exclamation "Top Ten Photos 9/11 Conspiracy Nuts Hate" - The Lay Scientist

Credits
    Quoting from the linked page comented in the previous post:

1. Flight 77 wreckage (from the landing gear) at the Pentagon. Conspiracy theorists used to argue that no plane ever hit the Pentagon, claiming that there was no visible debris at the site. They seem to have retreated from this claim in the last couple of years.

2. Debris from the Twin Towers falling onto WTC7. Many conspiracy theorists still believe that fires and debris couldn't have reached WTC7 (the tall building lower-right) to inflict significant damage, claiming that WTC7 must have been subjected to a controlled demolition.

3. WTC6 lies in ruins. Conspiracy theorists have also argued that WTC7 couldn't have been struck by debris since WTC6 - which lies between the twin towers and WTC7 - "wasn't that damaged". Note that the center has entirely collapsed. In spite of evidence like this, and reports from fire-fighters, who used instruments to measure the gradual movement and distortion of WTC7's structure over several hours up until its collapse, Truthers still prefer to believe that a controlled demolition occurred.

4 & 5. Fires rage in WTC5 and WTC6. Many conspiracy theorists refuse to accept that fire could have spread to WTC7, even though fires clearly raged across much of the WTC complex.

6. Plume from the Flight 93 Crash. As witnesses looked on, Mrs McClatchey took this shot from her porch. Ever since, conspiracy theorists have harassed and threatened her, even anonymously posting her phone number and photos of her home on blogs. They claim that the evidence must be faked, as it is inconsistent with their theory that a missile brought down the aircraft. (which would have resulted in fragments of the plane coming down over a wide area), and have subjected Mrs McClatchey to a torrent of abuse.

7. A seatbelt from the wreckage of Flight 93. Hundreds of volunteers spent days and weeks combing the area, collecting wreckage amounting to virtually the entire plane, now in the possession of the airline (with the exception of the black boxes which are held by air safety officials. Some conspiracy theorists believe that all of the local residents in the area are liars, along with all the airline workers, local police and emergency services, coronors, and air safety experts involved in the operation to recover the aircraft, and the analysis of flight data and materials recovered.

8. Sagging floors in WTC2. As the heat in the towers increase, steel supports were weakened causing buckling, as evidenced by the sagging floor visible here. This weakening led to the structural failure of the building. Conspiracy theorists claim that the buildings should have survived these structural failures, and believe that thousands of explosive charges were rigged inside the building, with a control system to detonate them somehow surviving the impact and fires.

9. Workmen cutting beams in the wreckage. Conspiracy theorists are for some reason obsessed with the idea that thermite was used in 9/11, in spite of the fact that thermite is used for cutting and welding, and never in demolitions (indeed, it would be practically impossible to set it up). They cite neatly cut beams as evidence of thermite being used, but ignore the fact that beams were neatly cut up by workmen operating after the collapse.

10. Debris out-paces the collapse of the tower. Many conspiracy theorists claim that the World Trade Center towers fell equal to (or ludicrously faster than) free-fall speeds. Many photos clearly show falling debris out-pacing the collapse of the building, proving that the structures fell at well below free-fall speeds.

Credits
    I like this post, I've seen too many idiotic conspiracy videos where they keep on hammering on the fact that 911 was all a giant setup. Give me a break...the american government or any of its agency's aren't THAT organized.
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I like this post, I've seen too many idiotic conspiracy videos where they keep on hammering on the fact that 911 was all a giant setup. Give me a break...the american government or any of its agency's aren't THAT organized.
    and that is really the defining reason why there was no conspiracy. at first, i have to admit - it sounded plausible. but then the track record of said government since 9/11 has proven that this could never happen.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson