Thanks Thanks:  27
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Twilight (2008, Kristen Stewart)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

Director: Catherine Hardwicke
    Writers: Stephenie Meyer (novel) Melissa Rosenberg (screenplay)
    Release Date: 12 December 2008 (USA)

Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Michael Welch, Taylor Lautner, Justin Chon, Peter Facinelli

A teenage girl risks everything when she falls in love with a vampire.
    Teaser
    http://cache01-videos02.myspacecdn.c...1b63d831e9.flv (5202KB)

(hope the link works, if not, will UL it somewhere soon)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

Credits
    Ok, the main guy in the first poster looks a little creepy.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    aint he that guy from fourth potter movie? cedric or something like that ....

edit - he is

Credits
    For the teaser, if I didn't know it was about vampires, I would thought it be about Superman or something. I didn't read any Stephenie Meyer. but the synopsis remembers too much of Buffy or worst, the LJ Smith's Vampire Diaries...
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by wirm View Post
    Ok, the main guy in the first poster looks a little creepy.
    They seriously overdid it with Photoshop in that pic... Too artificial for my taste.

But regarding Twilight - it's one of those "can't stop reading" books, or at least it was for me. Of course, it is slightly more appealing to the female demographic. I suspect that 14 year old girls will be all over this one. And the occasional 24 year old like me as well

It's about as similar to Buffy as any vampire movie is, meaning it has vampires in it Never had anything to do with LJ Smith's Vampire Diaries so no comment there.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by movie_addict View Post
    It's about as similar to Buffy as any vampire movie is, meaning it has vampires in it Never had anything to do with LJ Smith's Vampire Diaries so no comment there.
    I'm talking about a popular (at least beautiful) school girl falling in love with a vampire (a student?)/a triangle with two vampires (one good, the other evil-or darker)/etc. I'm telling this because I always heard by die hard fan that Meyer is sooo original (btw most of vampire stories are not original anymore, it all about atmosphere now) and by 13-16 years old girls that this is the best book ever made, same thing for Vampire Diaries. I didn't read Meyer series, I don't tell I won't read it and like it, my opinion is so low that it could only get better...

Credits
    I suppose that this really has become quite a popular theme nowadays. Vampires or hobbits, it's all about escapism, isn't it though. Seeing as how I live in a country with a 17% inflation (and rising), a surreal book is an always welcome distraction

As far as originality is concerned, I am probably not qualified enough to judge that since I haven't really read too many books belonging to this genre. Vampires aside, the main romance did contain some good old clichés, though

Credits
    Cheers , Dark Knight week is turning out to be week of the trailers.

Credits
    thanks..reading the book now....loving it..can't wait for the film..

j7wild Guest

Angry

After reading the plot synopsis on Wikipedia, it's basically season one and two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer compressed into two hours from the teenage girl Bella (Buffy) moving to a brand new town with a single parent, her Father (Buffy's Mother in the TV series of Buffy), meeting and falling in love with a vampire Edward (Angel) despite her being fated to slay vampires (okay, that part isn't in Twilight), which makes things interesting when a band of vampires, the Cullens and James (Spike, Darla and Drusilla) arrive in Forks (Sunnydale).

The producers are apparently intending to make sequels to Twilight; a brief look at Meyer's books shows one character is a werewolf, but Buffy had one of those, too: Oz, the guitarist for Dingoes Ate My Baby.

Stephenie Meyer couldn't come up with an original story?

Credits
    But do you think Buffy was original? Really? Vampire books is all about creating atmosphere and mythology, because almost nothing is original anymore. I will probably read Meyer one day, but I'm still traumatized with the LJ Smith series The Vampire Diaries:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampire_Diaries
    Elena is a young woman who is used to getting everything she wants and is known as the ice queen of the school. Armed with the weapons of charm and wit, she has seduced any man that piqued her interest. That is until Stefan came along.
    Stefan, the only one who seems able to resist her charms, but loves her deeply. Young, dramatic, silent, and mysterious, he's like a drug for Elena. He was born sometime in the Italian Renissance and is the youngest of the two vampire brothers.
    Damon is the eldest of the vampire brothers, brash and arrogant. He fought with Stefan over Katherine's affections centuries ago and now he intends on taking Elena. He's dark and sadistic, but also charming and seductive in a dangerous way.

Credits

Smile Here is the Full Spectrum

MySpace Encode of Domestic Trailer Including HD

QT Trailer HD 480p (75.3Mb)
    QT Trailer HD 720p (143.4Mb)
    QT Trailer HD 1080p (200.5Mb)
    FLV Trailer (10.6Mb)
    FLV Trailer HD (23.1Mb)
    Last edited by jacques1400; 10-10-2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Corrected Typo

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    Finally! A trailer worth looking at (I thought the first two seemed artificial and labored). Now hopefully the movie doesn't disappoint either...

Credits
    Yahoo HD Encode of Domestic Trailer

QT Trailer HD 480p (45.3Mb)
    QT Trailer HD 720p (121.9Mb)
    QT Trailer HD 1080p (173.2Mb)

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by movie_addict View Post
    Finally! A trailer worth looking at (I thought the first two seemed artificial and labored). Now hopefully the movie doesn't disappoint either...
    Sorry, even if this trailer is better than the other two, with catchy quotes, I can't think of something else than the vampire version of The Covenant, but I will watch the movie when it will come out on television to see it by mylself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast