Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Video Game Movies, What's to come and what do you want?

I've been a big gamer for most of my life now but haven't seen any good movies come out that were based on games. Resident Evil was only average, and the only other one I thought was somewhat amusing was Mario Brothers, mainly because it had a unique approach rather than cartoon. Here's my list of most wanted video game movies:

1) Legend of Zelda (ok, this would be very difficult, but still possible in the right hands)

2) Mario Brothers Cartoon (here you go Pixar)

3) House of the Dead - Another horror movie, but could turn out to be big.

4) Metal Gear Solid (if Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum can get movies, why can't Metal Gear)

5) Devil May Cry (another movie that would be turned into a horror flick, maybe if they gave Tim Burton a shot at it?)

6) Metroid (they had the rights for five years, but if they worked something out it could be the next big sci fi series)

Thats about all I can think of for now, I know in the next few years there going to make Castlevania and Prince of Persia. POP I have some hope in because Bruckheimer is taking over, but it will be Disney, and Castlevania I just hope they don't blacken the name like they did with Final Fantasy.

Credits
    im not too impressed with any of those games to see them as movies. not to mention just how badly they tend to come across on the big screen. Street Fighter was an awesome game, but the movie blew dead donkey.

also, Mario Bros. has already been made into a movie.
    Last edited by redbear; 05-15-2008 at 05:35 AM.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    Games I would like to see made into films

Fallout
    System Shock
    Shemue
    Deus Ex
    Beneath a Steel Sky
    Shadowrun
    Broken Sword

The majority of games don't need great stories because they are all about the playing experience. When you take away the playing experience you are usually left with an awful b-movie style story.

Credits
    I know Mario Bros has been made into a movie, I was talking about a cartoon version.

Credits

Credits
    House of the Dead is already a movie. It even has a sequel.
    I would recommend not watching either.

I'm very excited about seeing a HALO movie. Bioshock sounds promising too. I do like the idea of Metroid on the big screen.
    If you can stay calm, while all around you is chaos...then you probably haven't completely understood the seriousness of the situation.

Credits
    I enjoyed the Resident Evil movies, but yeah, they are better if you don't expect much going into them.

Although I've never played the video game I thought the movie Silent Hill was pretty good. I especially liked the twist at the end.

-A

j7wild Guest

Smile

Another Resident Evil and Tomb Raider movie, please!!

Credits
    Halo! (but only if the game composer is on board)

Metroid would be fun

...can't think of any others -- but who's got a ten-foot stick to keep Uwe Boll away from these ideas?!?
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by legolasfan411 View Post
    1) Legend of Zelda (ok, this would be very difficult, but still possible in the right hands)
    Although it was just a prank, this may be as close as we'd get to Legend of Zelda for now

Credits
    In responce to that..........
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35147.html

Enjoy
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]