Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Thumbs down The term Black Hole is now racist?

Oy,give me a break. Then what do we call a blackberry, blackjack, blackbox, black out, black eye, blackball, black cats, black belt, black metal, black Friday, black magic, blacksmith, black death, blacklist,blackboard, and black propaganda?

http://cityhallblog.dallasnews.com/a...-turns-ra.html

A special meeting about Dallas County traffic tickets turned tense and bizarre this afternoon.

County commissioners were discussing problems with the central collections office that is used to process traffic ticket payments and handle other paperwork normally done by the JP Courts.

Commissioner Kenneth Mayfield, who is white, said it seemed that central collections "has become a black hole" because paperwork reportedly has become lost in the office.

Commissioner John Wiley Price, who is black, interrupted him with a loud "Excuse me!" He then corrected his colleague, saying the office has become a "white hole."

That prompted Judge Thomas Jones, who is black, to demand an apology from Mayfield for his racially insensitive analogy.

Mayfield shot back that it was a figure of speech and a science term. A black hole, according to Webster's, is perhaps "the invisible remains of a collapsed star, with an intense gravitational field from which neither light nor matter can escape."

Other county officials quickly interceded to break it up and get the meeting back on track. TV news cameras were rolling, after all.

They also say that Angel food cake and Devils food cake is racist...

Credits
    Not only is this absolutely ridiculous.... but it's also insane that this is news.

Credits
    no school kid killings or US civis have died from terrorists so i guess this is top news in the US.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

j7wild Guest
    don't we still refer to Black people as Black people?

wouldn't that make it racist too?

Credits
    That is beyond ridiculous, embarrassing (too those two men, who Im sure are well educated) and absurd. I hope the Commisioner refused to apologize for that idiotic attempt at political correctness.
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    don't we still refer to Black people as Black people?

wouldn't that make it racist too?
    What you are referring to directly relates to people. What I mentioned has to do with things.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkmanSIX View Post
    That is beyond ridiculous, embarrassing (too those two men, who I'm sure are well educated) and absurd. I hope the Commissioner refused to apologize for that idiotic attempt at political correctness.
    Yes ,he did refuse to.

j7wild Guest
    I think it's black people, ooops, African Americans who have low self-esteem and think everyone is racist and out to put them down that get defensive about every remarks said to them (and not to them) that makes them feel like they are being discriminated against - and the only offense and defense for them to use is to play the race card.

Credits
    its not racist. Its visual correctness.
    There are black ppl n there r white ppl. Is white ppl a racist term too? PHUCK NO!

I think its just human nature to label things. Thats where it all goes wrong. Its wrong to label. Take it as it is.

Credits
    (those two men, who Im sure are well educated)
    well, one of them is. The other apparently does not know the actual meaning of a black hole. It sounds to me like a case of "whoever smelt it dealt it." In other words he who says it's racist is a racist.

Credits
    that is just retarded...oops, I mean that is just "mentally disabled" I don't want to offend anyone with my terminology. but seriously I can't believe how some people go on.

too those two men, who Im sure are well educated
    well from what I seen in the video it is questionable.....

and I think steven hawking should roll up in there and start laying down the science down on them. but then again they might start shouting that he is a racist also