Thanks Thanks:  1
    Credits

Post New RoboCop movie (2010)

Darren Aranofsky is planning a new RoboCop movie. It seems that it will be a new version and not a continuation of previous movies...

The script will be written by David Self. The film will be produced by MGM with a big budget and will be in cinemas in 2010.

Sorry for no posting links... I'm on the cellphone now.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

it better be better than the 3rd one... that was crap!!

Heck, even the 2nd one was crappy!!

Don't get me started on the TV series....

Credits
    they should return to the roots of part 1. make a strong r-rated film with a good story. that's the reason why i like part 1 so much

Credits
    RoboCop was the first really violent movie I watched... i still remember it... I like it very much too

Credits
    I never saw the TV series, but I do agree that the 3rd was crap and the 2nd wasn't much better.

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

the only good thing about the 2nd movie was that it was filmed in Houston.

so while watching it at the theater with my friends, we were having fun calling out loud all the places we recognized:

hey that's the front of the Transco Tower!!

hey that's the inside of the George R. Brown Convention Center!!

hey that's the outside of the Wortham Center

I know that place!! That's the Budweiser Beer Brewery!!

of course there were some rude people in the theater who didn't care to get educated and learn about all the Houston landmarks and locations that the movie was filmed at and they woudn't stop Ssssshing us!!

Ignorant Losers they were!!

Credits
    Um...they already remade it. It's called Iron Man.

Credits
    Apparently it will be rated R:

beyondhollywood.com

Early teaser-poster:

(source)

From robocoparchive.com: 1, 2 and 3

Credits
    Darren Aranofsky directing Robocop?! Wow... should be interesting. Loved pi.

j7wild Guest
    I just watched Robocop again.

This is my first viewing of it in almost 20 years.

It is also the first time I watched the Unrated Version!

I don't think a remake of Robocop on the same level as the original will work in this day and time with today's audiences!

The 80s were different times;

it was nearing the end of the cold war; Russia was still the big bad wolf of the world; Reagan was President; Capitalism was at its highest level; people were more cynical then.

Robocop capitalized on the cynicalism of the people and everything the 80s was about!

Therefore, I don't think a Robocop remake will work today!!
    Last edited by j7wild; 12-06-2010 at 08:30 PM.

Credits
    Agreed! Also it is an insult to the original writer and director especially when they're still alive if a remake were to happen.

Credits
    I also imagine that a new Robocop would probably be geared towards catering to today's generation, thus spoiling some of the 80's elements that made it what it was. It could piss some people off...but I dunno because the modern Transformers movies sort of went for that. As an 80's person, some things got me annoyed but it didn't turn out all that bad.

j7wild Guest
    this guy is going to play ROBOCOP in the new Robocop film?

Who the F is this guy?!?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1172478/

Credits
    http://www.omnicorp.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234721/

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=47176

RoboCop

Release Date: August 9, 2013
    Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony), MGM
    Director: Jose Padilha
    Screenwriter: Josh Zetumer
    Starring: Joel Kinnaman, Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Hugh Laurie
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=90586

Gary Oldman has joined the cast of Jose Padilha's RoboCop, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. He'll play Norton, the scientist who invents the cyborg technology that brings Officer Alex Murphy (Joel Kinnaman) back to life.

Norton will have to deal with the morality of saving Murphy's life and the demands of the company that he works for.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Laurie#Acting_career

On 13 June 2012, it was announced that Hugh Laurie has signed on to play the villain in the Robocop a remake of the oribinal Robocop. Laurie will play the evil and ultra-rich CEO of Omnicorp, the company that creates Robocop
    Last edited by Hardkore; 07-08-2012 at 03:56 AM.

Credits
    http://www.slashfilm.com/michael-kea...bocop-villain/

The search has been on for a new Robocop villain since last week, when negotiations with Hugh Laurie fell through. For a hot second it looked like Clive Owen could step up to replace him, but now word is that it’s actually Michael Keaton who’ll take over the part instead.

The news comes from Variety‘s Justin Kroll (via Cinema Blend), who tweeted the info today. Keaton will play the ultra-wealthy CEO of the greedy Omni Corp, which turns Detroit cop Alex Murphy (Kinnaman) into an unstoppable law enforcement cyborg for its own means. Director José Padilha announced the casting via a statement, saying “Michael is the final addition to the amazing cast we have assembled for this film and it is so great to have the last puzzle piece in place.”

The choice of Keaton is somewhat unexpected simply because he hasn’t done much live-action feature work lately. He’s stayed active with roles in the Toy Story franchise, and he dropped by NBC’s 30 Rock for a guest appearance last year, but he hasn’t actually appeared in a movie since 2010′s The Other Guys. Maybe that’s about to change, however. He also has a thriller called Penthouse North due out next year, which co-stars Michelle Monaghan.

Padilha’s reboot of the Paul Verhoeven favorite inspired a fair amount of groaning and eye-rolling when it was first announced, and a recent report about the difficulties that the filmmaker has had bringing his ideas to the screen cast a worrying light on the project. But at least the casting so far has been beyond reproach. Production is slated to start in Toronto this fall, for an August 9, 2013 release.