Thanks Thanks:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Arrow Judge Dredd "reboot"

It is time for another "reboot".

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/12/20/...e-dredd-movie/

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=51465

According to an announcement on 2000 AD’s message boards (via AICN), DNA films, along with Rebellion and and 2000 AD, have greenlit a new Judge Dredd film. According to the Rebellion’s CEO and Creative Director, “We can’t give away too many details at this point, but we’re looking forward to working with DNA Films to bring Judge Dredd back to the big screen.” Production is scheduled to begin in 2009.

Credits
    Cool. It can't be any worse than Stallone's version.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest
    Hollywood sucks!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Hollywood sucks!!
    Don't hold back J7,tell us how you really feel.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    Cool. It can't be any worse than Stallone's version.
    To be honest, that movie was cheesy but it wasn't bad at all. It was good in it's own right. The special effects weren't and bad the plot was interesting enough. Rob Schneider was a funny sidekick and Stallone really had the face to play dredd if you compare it to the comic dredd.
    Btw also the soundtrack was kickass to.
    I'm interested to know why you think it was so bad? Or are you following the herd just because it got a low imdb rating?
    I'm a mog, half man, half dog, I am my own best friend.

j7wild Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
    Don't hold back J7,tell us how you really feel.
    okay I will !!

Credits
    Someone please shoot me now.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    To be honest, that movie was cheesy but it wasn't bad at all. It was good in it's own right. The special effects weren't and bad the plot was interesting enough. Rob Schneider was a funny sidekick and Stallone really had the face to play dredd if you compare it to the comic dredd.
    Btw also the soundtrack was kickass to.
    I'm interested to know why you think it was so bad? Or are you following the herd just because it got a low imdb rating?
    Dredd was essentially a satire of 20th century American life, written for a British comic fanbase.

The film ended up as a cheesy sci-fi action film that had none of the ironic and satirical humour that the comics had. I think something was lost in translation when they made it

Credits
    I like the Judge Dredd movie mainly because of the robot that is in it. I thought he was the coolest thing at the time and I still think he is pretty awesome as far as robots go.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I didn't realize there was a herd to follow. I see movies as subjective. Just because I didn't enjoy it as much as another person doesn't mean that it is a movie that shouldn't be enjoyed.

There were aspects of it that I liked. But other aspects that I didn't. I didn't like the comic relief sidekick for example. Although Schneider did have a couple of funny lines. I agree that the soundtrack was awesome. I own the soundrack because I liked it so much.
    Last edited by goodasgold; 01-01-2009 at 06:42 AM.

Credits
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65968

Earlier this week, it was announced that a 3D adaptation of Judge Dredd is moving ahead. We now have the official press release, which includes more information regarding the production:

Reliance BIG Pictures, together with IM Global, the international sales company that Reliance acquired only last week, will finance DNA’s 3D production of JUDGE DREDD, a $45 million film adaptation of the iconic 2000 AD comic-book character created by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra.

Filming will take place over the fourth quarter of 2010 in Johannesburg.

JUDGE DREDD is being made by the writer/producer partnership behind The Beach, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Sunshine, and Never Let Me Go. Alex Garland, Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich will produce a script written by Garland.

Pete Travis, director of Omagh, Vantage Point, and Endgame will direct. Wagner will be a creative consultant on the film.

DNA has engaged Michael Murphy (District 9) as South African co-producer.

Jason Kingsley and Chris Kingsley, owners of Rebellion/2000 AD, will co-produce.

Said John Wagner: 'Alex Garland’s script is faithful to the original concept that made Judge Dredd a favourite bad-ass hero. It’s a high-octane slay ride through the dark underbelly of the vast future city. A fan pleaser. With their track record, I have every faith in Alex Garland, Andrew Macdonald and Allon Reich.'

Said Alex Garland: 'I grew up reading Judge Dredd. The incredible writers and artists of 2000 AD were formative influences on me. Andrew, Allon and I have developed this adaptation of Judge Dredd with an emphasis on adrenaline and realism, but with all the scale and spectacle of Mega-City One. We think Pete’s propulsive, edgy style is a perfect match for the project.'

The deal was negotiated on behalf of Reliance by IM Global CEO Stuart Ford assisted by attorneys Strook and Strook with DNA principals Macdonald and Reich, DNA head of business affairs Jo Smith, and Miles Ketley of Wiggin & Co. Ford’s IM Global will handle international sales on the project.

j7wild Guest
    Judge Dredd is one of the worse movie ever made; this reboot won't be any better!!

Credits
    Boo..

The original was cool if your a pre-teen, cant imagine watching this now.

Credits
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...picks-up-dredd

Lionsgate announced today that the studio has picked up U.S. distribution rights for IM Global's Dredd, reports Variety.

Dredd starts production on November 12 in Cape Town, South Africa. Directed by Pete Travis, the $45 million-budgeted 3D project will star Karl Urban and Olivia Thirlby.
    The film takes us to the wild streets of Mega City One, the lone oasis of quasi-civilization on Cursed Earth. Judge Dredd (Urban) is the most feared of elite Street Judges, with the power to enforce the law, sentence offenders and execute them on the spot - if necessary.

Alex Garland wrote the script based on John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra's comic strip.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=51467

Dredd

Release Date: TBA (3D/2D theaters)
    Studio: Lionsgate
    Director: Pete Travis
    Screenwriter: Alex Garland
    Starring: Karl Urban, Olivia Thirlby
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi

j7wild Guest
    why reboot a movie that sucked already to begin with?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast