Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Talking World War Z (2010)

World War Z

Release Year: 2010

Ten years after the human victory over the world wide Zombie epidemic, referred to as World War Z, Max Brooks scours the world collecting the stories and experiences of those who have survived the conflict that almost eradicated humanity.
    Director: Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace, Stranger Than Fiction, Finding Neverland)

Writer: J. Michael Strazynski (Babylon 5, Changeling)

Production Company: Brad Pitt's "Plan B"
    Our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us. - Matthew Mcconaughey - Interstellar

Credits
    From MTV's Movie Blog

Article 1:

One of the most hotly anticipated zombie (or is that post-zombie?) books finally has a director! According to Variety, the adaptation of Max Brooks’ insanely popular “World War Z” has snagged Bond helmer Marc Forster for the job. It’s like they didn’t think it was buzzworthy enough, what with J. Michael Straczynski writing the script, and Brad Pitt’s Plan B producing.

If you haven’t read the book, “World War Z” is a seriously detailed, often creepy account of the zombie apocalypse that wiped out humanity in the 2010s. Compiled by a U.N. Postwar Commission researcher, its a first-person retelling of the war that wiped out every country on the map. Forster was drawn to the project for its journalistic style. “The genre always fascinated me, and when they pitched it to me, it reminded me of the paranoid conspiracy films of the ’70s like ‘All the President’s Men.’”

Forster seems an odd choice for the project — he’s generally associated with gut-wrenching dramas and tearjerkers like “The Kite Runner” and “Finding Neverland.” He jumped into the deep end of the action pool with “Quantum of Solace,” maybe a zombie apocalypse is just what he needs to tie all his talents together.
    Article 2:

When “Quantum of Solace” director Marc Forster was chosen to helm the adaptation of Max Brooks’ “World War Z” zombie-stravaganza, we noted that it was a surprising pairing — but with noted television, movie and comics author J. Michael Straczynski already penning the screenplay and Brad Pitt’s Plan B producing, the project was certainly developing some heat. Now, with “Solace” in its fifth impressive week at the box office, MTV News spoke to Straczynski about the addition of Forster to the already buzzworthy project and how he plans to adapt Brooks’ novel.

“We talk about it as a thriller, the closest comparison being ‘The Bourne Identity,’” explained Straczynski, who’s also penning a “Forbidden Planet” revisiting. “Most zombie movies to this point have been small, focusing on a few people in a house. And this has got real scare. You’re in India with hundreds of boats trying to get out of there with a tidal wave of zombies. The scale of what we’re doing here is phenomenal.”

Straczynski told us the first draft of the screenplay was completed in the Spring, and the “World War Z” team had been waiting for a director for several months before Forster was attached.

“Now that Marc is here, I’m working with his notes to make one final pass on the script,” said Straczynski. “Our hope is to get it moving into production by the first of the year.”

As for how he plans to adapt the novel, which is written from the perspective of a United Nations agent reporting on the events of the zombie outbreak through interviews and eyewitness statements, Straczynski said he plans to preserve that storytelling angle as much as possible. In fact, the movie will serve to show how the book was produced in Brooks’ zombie-infested world.

“The fictional concept of the book is that its written by someone with the UN, so let’s tell that story,” he explained. “Let’s show the book being written. We follow this guy all over the world as he goes on these interviews, and he has his own personal story as well. You’re cutting between the past and the present, how he got to this point.”

“It has that international feel to it, and because it goes backward and forward in time, we can cherry-pick our favorite moments in the book,” continued Straczynski. “Some of it is crazy in scale. It’s huge. It’s as political as the book was. And it ends with that book being completed.”

Credits
    Wow. Zombie scare's more than serial killer with a knife(in my mind) thanks for the post

Credits
    interesting, haven't heard of this one. im still reading the Walking Dead which i hope makes it to the big screen.

so now i have some stuff to catch up on...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I like this concept. I will be looking out for it.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"