Thanks Thanks:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Credits

Alice in Wonderland (Tim Burton,2010)

I didn't see this listed and have known about it for awhile so...

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=39384

Release Date: March 5, 2010
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures
    Director: Tim Burton
    Screenwriter: Linda Woolverton
    Genre: Family, Fantasy

Plot Summary: Based on the Lewis Carroll classic "Alice in Wonderland," which will combine performance-capture imagery, currently seen in "Beowulf," with live-action footage. Disney released their classic animated version in 1951.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_i...nd_(2010_film)

Cast

* Mia Wasikowska as Alice[2]

* Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter[3]

* Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen[2]

* Anne Hathaway as the White Queen[2]

* Alan Rickman as the Caterpillar[1]

* Matt Lucas as Tweedledum and Tweedledee[4]

* Crispin Glover as the Knave of Hearts.[2]

* Eleanor Tomlinson as Fiona Chataway, an unfriendly girl Alice knows before she falls down the rabbit hole.[5]

* Jemma Powell as Alice's Sister[6]

Michael Sheen is in the film, but he denied reports that he plays the Cheshire Cat. Another source is crediting him as the White Rabbit.[7][8] Christopher Lee,[9] Stephen Fry,[10] Tim Pigott-Smith, Geraldine James and Frances de la Tour have unnamed roles.[11]

Credits
    I am actually very excited to see how this turns out, its probably going to be an awesome take on the tale.

Credits
    I can't wait for this movie! Should be good with Burton at the helm!

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest

Exclamation

first images:

Completely Effing lame and predictable. Honestly. Am I the only one who´s completely tired of Burton's schtick? The guy has been doing the same thing for 30 years and you know EXACTLY what that whole movie's gonna be- the same pseudo-gothic poop, colors at 50% saturation, all swirls and "creepy" that was original 20 movies ago but is now just completely Effing tired. He even casts the same goddamn people in everything, and frankly speaking Depp and Bonham-Carter don't exactly have a lot of range. I can predict that Mad Hatter will just be Willy Wonka's twin evil brother and Bonham Carter will be, well, herself. Bleech!!

Furthermore, Tim Burton REALLY needs to switch up with casting. Give someone else a chance for once. As if Johnny Depp is the only actor out there!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Completely Effing lame and predictable. Honestly. Am I the only one who´s completely tired of Burton's schtick? The guy has been doing the same thing for 30 years and you know EXACTLY what that whole movie's gonna be- the same pseudo-gothic poop, colors at 50% saturation, all swirls and "creepy" that was original 20 movies ago but is now just completely Effing tired. He even casts the same goddamn people in everything, and frankly speaking Depp and Bonham-Carter don't exactly have a lot of range. I can predict that Mad Hatter will just be Willy Wonka's twin evil brother and Bonham Carter will be, well, herself. Bleech!!

Furthermore, Tim Burton REALLY needs to switch up with casting. Give someone else a chance for once. As if Johnny Depp is the only actor out there!![/b][/i]

my thoughts exactly...
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits

My View

Actually, I think this remake has the potential to be a fantastic movie. First, let’s consider that the only version of "alice in wonderland" that really had any impact on the world was the 1949 cartoon. I believe there was even a ride dedicated in Anaheim Disneyland, which differs from this remake to willy wonker

As for the doom and gloom gothic designs & theme which Tim Burton uses, please.... it’s simply his signature. I on one hand love it, it’s different from any other generic director in Hollywood which is simply looking for attention via large budgets and digital/ cgi imagery. Also, this movie has always had a gothic nature, it takes place underground for FFS, what do you expect Piña colada's and rainbows???? or perhaps they should change the environment altogether.... instead of Alice following the rabbit into a hole in the ground why not a black hole to a different dimension altogether where monkeys rule with pet Klingons and every day is new years eve.

which bring me to my next point.

Cast.... Now this shall be very interesting to say the least.
    what a line up.... Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Michael Sheen, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, Christopher Lee, Stephen Fry & Matt Lucas as Tweedledee / Tweedledum. The only concern is this Mia Wasikowska which is playing the lead role, she’s a bit of a no name but one can only guess she gave the performance of a life time during casting.

I remember having the same doubts about Heath Ledger over Sean penn as the joker in the Dark Knight. In all…… It comes down to the director, only time will tell on this one.

ErinBalls

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    Completely Effing lame and predictable. Honestly. ... The guy has been doing the same thing for years and you know EXACTLY what that whole movie's gonna be- ...
    Just as Michael Bay, David Fincher or Tony Scott or .... And? They make nevertheless great movies.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by Haazhel_Thorn View Post
    Just as Michael Bay, David Fincher or Tony Scott or .... And? They make nevertheless entertaining movies.
    i fixed that for you ...

j7wild Guest
    everyone says how much range Johnny Depp has; how he is such a good actor.

I don't think he has any range; I think he only plays one character: Crazy!!

You don't need range to play the same character over and over again!!

Credits
    I can't wait for this movie! Keep the pics coming! Thanks J7 ol' pAL!!!!!!!

Credits
    I'd call Depp's characters eccentric, not crazy. But he does play eccentric characters a lot. I was never a fan of the Alice in Wonderland story. It has always bored me. Not looking forward to this no matter who is directing.
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

Credits
    I still can't believe that's Depp! Can't wait to see his performance of that character.
    You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure. But it doesn't matter - because we'll be together.

Credits
    Entertaining movies are great movies.

Credits
    I am really looking forward to the movies. I love Burton's film so I really hope this one will be good, and what I expect. This time I am taking it easy though, as I was a bit disappointed with Transformers 2.

Credits
    I don't know about. I know people are bound to be disappointed with this because when ever people talk about a "Alice in Wonderland" movie they always bring up "American Mcgee's Alice" and how that would be perfect for a movie and I think people are going to be disappointed that it will be a Tim Burton thing and not based on the American Mcgee thing.