Actually, I think this remake has the potential to be a fantastic movie. First, let’s consider that the only version of "alice in wonderland" that really had any impact on the world was the 1949 cartoon. I believe there was even a ride dedicated in Anaheim Disneyland, which differs from this remake to willy wonker

As for the doom and gloom gothic designs & theme which Tim Burton uses, please.... it’s simply his signature. I on one hand love it, it’s different from any other generic director in Hollywood which is simply looking for attention via large budgets and digital/ cgi imagery. Also, this movie has always had a gothic nature, it takes place underground for FFS, what do you expect Piña colada's and rainbows???? or perhaps they should change the environment altogether.... instead of Alice following the rabbit into a hole in the ground why not a black hole to a different dimension altogether where monkeys rule with pet Klingons and every day is new years eve.

which bring me to my next point.

Cast.... Now this shall be very interesting to say the least.
what a line up.... Johnny Depp, Anne Hathaway, Michael Sheen, Helena Bonham Carter, Alan Rickman, Christopher Lee, Stephen Fry & Matt Lucas as Tweedledee / Tweedledum. The only concern is this Mia Wasikowska which is playing the lead role, she’s a bit of a no name but one can only guess she gave the performance of a life time during casting.

I remember having the same doubts about Heath Ledger over Sean penn as the joker in the Dark Knight. In all…… It comes down to the director, only time will tell on this one.

ErinBalls