Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thor

Credits

Thor

Marvel Studios is setting Matthew Vaughn to direct Thor, based on the Marvel Comics character. Marvel is aiming for a pre-strike production start this winter.

Mark Protosevich (I Am Legend) did the adaptation of the comic book franchise that launched in 1962. Thor is a blonde-tressed, hammer-wielding hero who's sent to Earth to protect mankind.

Vaughn's deal is closing just as Paramount releases the Vaughn-directed Stardust today.

Thor marks Vaughn's second effort at a superhero pic. He was attached to direct X-Men: The Last Stand before bowing out for personal reasons. Vaughn, who produced the Guy Ritchie-directed films Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and Snatch, made his directing debut with the Daniel Craig starrer Layer Cake.
    Clark Kent is who I am. Superman is what I can do.

Credits
    you've got to be kidding me ..... me thinks the creative juices have reached the bottom of the barrel ... and the barrel is quite dry.
    "I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone …
    but they've always worked for me,"

Hunter S.Thompson

Credits
    I say they'll introduce each character individually and then you know what is going to happen right?

"They each faced evil alone, but some evil is to great for just one...
    Together they are a team unlike any other...
    They are Earth's Mightiest Heroes...
    They are...The Avengers."
    (theme music plays)

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    300 million $ budget?

full story

...Matthew Vaughn has written in The Guardian that his script for the Thor movie initially came in with a budget of £300 million!

At the current exchange rate, that would be a 600 MILLION DOLLAR MOVIE. It takes the supposed budget of Spider-Man 3 (300 million plus)

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    Thor made in Britain?

With Stardust sprinkling its magic at the box-office — it was the UK's Number One film last weekend — Matthew Vaughn, the movie's director and producer, has determined that he'll shoot his next blockbuster at home in Britain.

He filmed Stardust, starring Charlie Cox, Michelle Pfeiffer, Robert De Niro, Peter O'Toole and Sienna Miller, on home turf.

"It obviously bought us luck filming at home and I'm relieved that the movie has performed so well in my own country," Matthew told me.

Stardust has so far taken more than $125million worldwide, and Matthew will hope for similar success for his next project, Thor, based on the Marvel comic hero. There was pressure for him to make the film in Hollywood, but Vaughn is resisting.

"We have the A-list actors, designers, cinematographers and crew in Britain, so there's no need to make Thor among all that madness in Los Angeles," he told me.

Thor will be a mammoth, $100 million boost for our film industry.

However, because of the current screenwriters' strike in the U.S., filming on it won't start till the end of next year.
    source: Daily Mail

Credits
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/

Director:
    Kenneth Branagh
    Writers:
    Jack Kirby (characters)
    Stan Lee (characters)
    Release Date:
    16 July 2010 (USA)

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option...6023&Itemid=99

We are now getting word that there has been an addition to the end of the Asgard driven Thor story that very much gives credence to further Thor stories and how Marvel plans to bring everything together for the Avengers film due out in 2011 a question even Tony Stark himself pondered, Downey Jr. said to MTV, "The danger you run with colliding all these worlds is [director] Jon [Favreau] was very certain that 'Iron Man' should be set in a very realistic world. Nothing that happened in 'Iron Man' is really outside the realm of possibility. Once you start talking about Valhalla and supersized super soldiers and jolly green giants it warrants much further discussion."

A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.

The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor_(Marvel_Comics)

Fictional character biography

Thor's father Odin decides his son needs to be taught humility and consequently places Thor (without memories of godhood) into the body and memories of an existing, partially disabled human medical student, Donald Blake. After becoming a doctor and thoroughly believing himself to be the young surgeon Blake, he later discovers Thor's disguised hammer and learns to change back and forth into the Thunder God. The real Blake's persona remains elsewhere until many years later, after Odin becomes satisfied of Thor's humility and lifts the spell, thereby removing the need for a mortal alter ego. The mortal experience, however, shapes Thor into an honorable and courteous individual, who is loyal to all comrades.

Credits
    Thor as always been one of my favorite comic characters. I really, really, really hope this one doesn't get bastardized.
    'You sit on a throne of lies!' - Buddy the Christmas Elf

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by zissoucadet View Post
    Thor as always been one of my favorite comic characters. I really, really, really hope this one doesn't get bastardized.
    don't hold your breath. IMO, Thor was nothing more than a bit character in the Marvel universe. i wouldn't expect to see too many people lining up to see it. rent it, sure - but not willing to spend $9 a pop to see it in the theaters ... i know i won't waste my time on it, unless they do a hellava great job on it (not expecting that either)...

"We have the A-list actors, designers, cinematographers and crew in Britain, so there's no need to make Thor among all that madness in Los Angeles," he told me.
    highly doubtful. sounds as if he is trying to convince people he can do this. how can you say you have A-list characters when no one is signed up ?? Hot air ....

Credits
    Thor is by far one of the coolest Marvel characters, unfortunately I heard rumors they were planning on making the Thor movie into the same type of live animation that was used for Beowulf, which would of course ruin the entire thing, but if it becomes live action then I think it can become very big. Look at Iron Man, not everyone is a huge fan, the trailers didn't advertise any big villians, and the movie did great, its definitely a possibility. Ever since Spiderman becoming big the film companies are just going to keep making more and more superhero movies, there bound to have at least 1 big one for everything 3 flops.

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by legolasfan411 View Post
    I heard rumors they were planning on making the Thor movie into the same type of live animation that was used for Beowulf,
    How would they go about putting Thor in the live action movie for the Avengers then since Iron man and the Hulk were live action except for Hulk and Ironman being CGI unless they go about the same way with Thor.
    If Thor is the live animation in the middle of live action that would look kinda strange IMO.

Credits
    http://themovieblog.com/2009/11/thor...ion-in-january

Looks like Thor is headed full steam ahead with plans to enter production in the early new year.

Screen Rant shares:

According to Production Weekly’s Twitter postings, the next Marvel Studios solo character film is nearing the start of principal photography and they’ve hammered down the shooting locations.

Filming on Marvel’s “Thor” is scheduled to begin in LA mid-January, then move to Santa Fe, New Mexico from March till late-April.

This means that we will likely get to see footage of Thor at ComicCon that I wont be going to next summer, and perhaps even a teaser poster or trailer.

Credits
    Well I'm excited a bit about this one I would like to see how it works out. Also I know the first piece of Merchandise I'm going to buy that is if the one the movie looks like the one in the books.

Credits

Lightbulb Thor (2011)

Paramount announced new release date: 5/6/11 instead of 5/20/11.

What it means? We will wait at least one more year for... Spider-Man 4, who had release date: 5/6/11.

Credits

j7wild Guest
    whos gonna play Thor?

Vin Diesel?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast