Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits

Talking Facebook or not? HELP MEEEE!

I just came back from some party ... its funny how world is small, I met a girl there, I havent seen her since 1999 ... which is damn long for me in my age (yea, I saw her when I was eleven for a last time) ... anyway, I´m drunk, she´s drunk and we both keep laughting about how funny it is that we´ve met .... duh. Whatever.
    Anyway, she tells me that she´s throwing this party next week, its her b-day and she´d like me to go there. I´m like "hell yea" since she´s my "childhood love" and is pretty damn hot now.
    So first thing she asks me: Do ya have a facebook profile? .... I´m like, eh, no, sorry, I dont (I really hate such sites, we have few czech mutations of facebook such as libimseti /doyalikeme/.cz and I simply cant stand it). She tells me its pretty bad and that I should set an account. I respond "I sure will", we say goodbye and go party on our own. (Thats quite short version, but whatever ...)

Anyway, like ten minutes later, I get an sms from girl I ´ve met in a tube when I went to see a hockey match like a month ago. By coincidence, I havent seen her for five years before, which isnt THAT long ... but it is long. We share few smss and last thing she asks me - do you have a facebook profile?
    WTF?

But imo the funniest thing is this - two weeks ago, we had this party at home. It´s a x-mass party, there are some friends of our family (Karolina Bosakova, world top model, was there, I bet j7wild would be crazy bout her, even tho she doesnt look hot on photos at all - but she sure does in reality ... and now even more since she´s pregnant). There was maybe 15 of us. Its a late evening, like 01:00 AM and I´m leaving, coz I went to pub with friends (another x-mass party). I´m standing in a living room and watch those drunk people chatting bout something. I watched my mum with Karolina and another friend of her´s doing something with laptop. Since I´m from nature quite a technical type, I watch above their shoulder ..... and my own mother, my nearly 40 years old mother, who is anti-technical type as much as she can be, is just setting a facebook account!! ... I couldnt believe my eyes!

Week later, friend sends me a message on ICQ: Dude, your mother just put me in a friends list ... or something like that. I ´m like: WHAT THE FRACKING FRACK! AM I THAT MUCH BEHIND? ... I mean I shouldnt be, I pretty much grew up with internet and I write a damn lot articles on internet - mostly about media. I guess I should have a facebook profile (Anna, which is name of this girl i met at the party, told me that I dont live if I dont have a facebook profile ... sweet). Another friend of mine btw told me like a week ago that he was searching for me in a facebook ... gr8

So my question is : am I really that behind? do ya guys have facebook accounts? could I put u in my profile as friends too, or is it somehow personal? ... and is it even worth my freakin time? (even tho I think I can answer this question on my own: since its the only way I can meet Anna, hell yeah it is worth my time) ... anyway some experiences would be cool : )

(btw sorry for some misspelling, I´m a bit drunk)
    Me angry! Where´s my food!

My DVD Collection, My Blu-ray collection

j7wild Guest
    I have no facebook or myspace or linkedt (sp?) account and I'm still living

of course I am married - but you are a single, wild, crazy, gigolo so maybe you should get facebook - it seems to me that's the way to meet hot women nowadays

p.s. you say Karolina Bosakova is not HOT?

http://supermodels.nl/tools/img.aspx...a/01.jpg&w=300

Credits
    I guess it does'nt hurt to have a Facebook Profile, but like J7Wild I dont partake in any of these social sites, ML Postings take all my time anyway .
    On the other hand, it might be a good idea for me, since my last mistress is now my wife, and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement.
    Damm wife, wont help either

If you do go with Facebook, just make sure that you dont put too much personal info, hackers have a blast with Facebook and this stuff can come back and haunt you in the future.....

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    I have one.
    Was addicted to it when I first got it... looking up old friends and classmates.
    Now I check it about once a week to see what's new.

Here's the Movie-List group which a bunch of forum members are a part of.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...gid=2287714093

Credits
    I have 1 too (as sig says) n I use it few times a day (even on my moblie). Its a great way to stay intouch with old friends n current ones. When i openned an account, I've been going out much more n parties n such cose its the best way to communicate party invites n such to friends.
    I've had the same story in met a long time ago friend on facebook. she invited me to her party n I went n we both got drunk n laughing @ the time difference its been we havent seen each other (10 years or so). Facebook is king!!

It's much better from all the others as u control what goes on ur proflie. I have so far, 164+ friends (from schooo, work, social events) n all stay intouch through it. Sharing pictures r the best as you can tag each other so everyone can c. Its unbelievable!!

U can share anything. With the amount of DVDs i have, I place a list on my profile so friends can see what i have n borrow or come over to watch something.
    /!\ Certified Bandwidth Abuser || ([)(]) Dolby Digital me bitch! || Alicia Keys || Game Trailers || FaceBook user ||
    || All-time Favourite TV Shows: Battlestar Galactica (2003+), Dead Like Me, FireFly, Invader ZIM, Space: Above & Beyond, Veronica Mars ||

[ -- Music Festival Whore! -- ]

Credits
    hm, ok, seems like I´m really gonna get one. now the only thing that worries me is the hacking problem jacques is talkin about, I´m not really big fan of spam :/

Credits
    j7wild > sorry, cant help it, she doesnt look hot on that picture nor on any I´ve seen at all. I think she looks much MUCH better in reality, which is quite rare imo.

Credits
    I don't have a Facebook profile and I don't need one.

Credits
    I have one as well and a member of the ML group

Like JP said it is handy to look up old classmates or people you have fallen out of contact with.

Most of the people I see everyday don't use it so the only friends I have on it are people I don't really see

Credits
    hackers on FB?
    Never heard of that but I think he is referring to ppl putting up private information that comes back to haunt them. Happened so many times I've read in the news that someone got intro trouble/fired/caught/etc/etc/ cose of facebook. Placing personal information on it like where u r n pictures can sometimes work against u.

That is y ppl from work on my FB, are kept on a limited profile listing so they c very few things. Close friends c all!!!

Credits
    Kn'Thrak got my drift, you have to be carefull how you set-up your profile so that access is really limited. Further, think twice before adding anything to your profile, look at it and think "Do I care if the world see's this", because there is always a possibility that someone can get their hands on it.

Credits
    well I´m on facebook now, so ... we´ll see

Credits
    You already signed up anyway, but I'll still put my two cents in. Facebook is really nice to keep in touch with people you don't really talk to anymore... because although there's probably a reason for that, distance is usually the main reason you fell out in the first place. I didn't have a friend of mine from Boston on facebook and found out later that she lived a block away from me in LA. We could have hung out had we known.

It's also good for inviting people to things and best of all is the facebook chat. People can't be bothered to all have the same chat program and it's good to have a chat instead of a text or whatever. Just a quick "what's going on tonight?" to someone you are an acquaintance with but maybe wouldn't call... things like that.

My sister is 30 and she finally caved in. She's already got 59 friends since Friday. So, more people than you think are on that thing.

Moved from Minas Tirith!!! Direction of my new path is not so clear, but I think I'm on the way to MY SHIRE
    Credits
    I was a member of polish mutation of facebook called "nasza klasa" (our schoolclass). For a two-three months it was a fun, but only that short.

Credits
    I subcribed on Facebook because I wanted to see pictures of a class reunion some weeks ago. I add myself to the ML group, but I don't really go there, I prefer to discuss in forums in general, I'm not a huge chatter...
    *´¨)
    ¸.~´¸.~*´¨) ¸.~*¨)
    (¸.~´ (¸.~´ `(•.°)~
    My Listology profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast