I just came back from some party ... its funny how world is small, I met a girl there, I havent seen her since 1999 ... which is damn long for me in my age (yea, I saw her when I was eleven for a last time) ... anyway, I´m drunk, she´s drunk and we both keep laughting about how funny it is that we´ve met .... duh. Whatever.
Anyway, she tells me that she´s throwing this party next week, its her b-day and she´d like me to go there. I´m like "hell yea" since she´s my "childhood love" and is pretty damn hot now.
So first thing she asks me: Do ya have a facebook profile? .... I´m like, eh, no, sorry, I dont (I really hate such sites, we have few czech mutations of facebook such as libimseti /doyalikeme/.cz and I simply cant stand it). She tells me its pretty bad and that I should set an account. I respond "I sure will", we say goodbye and go party on our own. (Thats quite short version, but whatever ...)

Anyway, like ten minutes later, I get an sms from girl I ´ve met in a tube when I went to see a hockey match like a month ago. By coincidence, I havent seen her for five years before, which isnt THAT long ... but it is long. We share few smss and last thing she asks me - do you have a facebook profile?
WTF?

But imo the funniest thing is this - two weeks ago, we had this party at home. It´s a x-mass party, there are some friends of our family (Karolina Bosakova, world top model, was there, I bet j7wild would be crazy bout her, even tho she doesnt look hot on photos at all - but she sure does in reality ... and now even more since she´s pregnant). There was maybe 15 of us. Its a late evening, like 01:00 AM and I´m leaving, coz I went to pub with friends (another x-mass party). I´m standing in a living room and watch those drunk people chatting bout something. I watched my mum with Karolina and another friend of her´s doing something with laptop. Since I´m from nature quite a technical type, I watch above their shoulder ..... and my own mother, my nearly 40 years old mother, who is anti-technical type as much as she can be, is just setting a facebook account!! ... I couldnt believe my eyes!

Week later, friend sends me a message on ICQ: Dude, your mother just put me in a friends list ... or something like that. I ´m like: WHAT THE FRACKING FRACK! AM I THAT MUCH BEHIND? ... I mean I shouldnt be, I pretty much grew up with internet and I write a damn lot articles on internet - mostly about media. I guess I should have a facebook profile (Anna, which is name of this girl i met at the party, told me that I dont live if I dont have a facebook profile ... sweet). Another friend of mine btw told me like a week ago that he was searching for me in a facebook ... gr8

So my question is : am I really that behind? do ya guys have facebook accounts? could I put u in my profile as friends too, or is it somehow personal? ... and is it even worth my freakin time? (even tho I think I can answer this question on my own: since its the only way I can meet Anna, hell yeah it is worth my time) ... anyway some experiences would be cool : )

(btw sorry for some misspelling, I´m a bit drunk)