Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Please help me out ...

I could really use someones help here. I have tried and tried to figure out a movie that I watched when I was a kid and can not figure it out. I don't know the name of the movie, actors, year ... nothing but some vague details. I was about 5-7 years old, I was born in 78. It had very LARGE monsters in it, kind of like "Where The Wild Things Are", but not. They were in a city by the water, their teeth on the bottom of the mouth were long and came over the top lip. They didn't tear up the city or anything .. I think. I know this isn't very much info at all, but it is killing me. If anyone can help me out with this, it would mean a lot to me to finally find out.
    Thanks!!

Credits
    I was born in 79' and I'm stumped. I can't think of anything. Post more if you remember anything else.

"Suddenly I heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door. You heard me rapping, Right?"

j7wild Guest
    Humanoids from the Deep?

Credits
    I had never heard of that one but had to look it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoids_from_the_Deep

Response

Humanoids from the Deep is a 1980s' updating of many similarly plotted genre offerings from the 1950s, with the addition of lots of graphic violence and nudity. Thanks to good word of mouth among teenage boys, the film was a modest financial success for New World Pictures, and it continues to be a cult favorite today.

Critical reviews were far from laudatory. Paul Taylor, in Time Out, said that “Despite the sex of the director, a more blatant endorsement of exploitation cinema's current anti-women slant would be hard to find…Peeters also lays on the gore pretty thick amid the usual visceral drive-in hooks and rip-offs from genre hits; and with the humour of an offering like Piranha entirely absent, this turns out to be a nasty piece of work all round."[1] Phil Hardy’s The Aurum Film Encyclopedia: Horror, said, after noting that additional sex and violence scenes had been edited into the film without director Peeter’s knowledge, “…weighed down as it is with solemn musings about ecology and dispossessed Indians, it looks as if it had always been a hopeless case." [2] Nathaniel Thompson, on his Mondo Digital website, observed, “Director Peeters claimed that Roger Corman added some of the more explicit shots of slimy nudity at the last minute to give the film some extra kick, but frankly, the movie needed it. Though competently handled, the lack of visual style, occasionally slow pacing, and peculiar lack of (intentional) humor hinder this from becoming an all-out trash masterpiece…”[3] But Michael Weldon, writing in his Psychotronic Encyclopedia of Film, opined, “Many were offended by the rape aspect of this fast-paced thriller featuring lots of Creature from the Black Lagoon-inspired monsters…Like it or not, it was a hit and is not dull.”[4]
    http://www.stomptokyo.com/badmoviere...oids_deep.html

trailer

clip

j7wild Guest
    I remember this movie because of the poster