Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Mediaplayer in Windows 7 supports mov-format

The Windows 7 blog reports some new features on MS's upcoming Operating System Windows 7.

Customers loved the increased range of formats natively supported by the Windows 7 Beta, but noticed areas where they wanted broader support. For example, one was unable to seek to a specific spot in the video in Windows Media Player or Windows Media Center for AVCHD content that was imported from a digital camcorder. We’ve addressed this. Also, while the support for video from some digital cameras worked great, we also got feedback about supporting a broader set of devices out of the box. We’ve since added support for Windows Media Player to natively support the .MOV files used to capture video for many common digital cameras.

That's nice! No need for Quicktime anymore.
    http://home.hetnet.nl/~gb01/ogengluren.gif
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing on my harddisk?

j7wild Guest

Angry

I stopped using Windows Media Player 4 years ago; it won't play MP4, VOB, HD Avi, HD Mov files.

I use VLC for everything now and it's great!!

Also with WMP, even if you are just playing something that's already on your PC's HD; it wants to connect to the internet; I don't like that!!

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by j7wild View Post
    I stopped using Windows Media Player 4 years ago; it won't play MP4, VOB, HD Avi, HD Mov files.

Also with WMP, even if you are just playing something that's already on your PC's HD; it wants to connect to the internet; I don't like that!!

Actually that option can be disabled, mine is , and you can actually play most file types with WMP by installing Codec Packs like K-Lite, actually FileHippo has a neat update checker, it checks for updates automatically and let's you know when something new is available for quite a few programs actually. Been using it for quite awhile now, and it's great.

I can't see through walls, but I can kick your ass.

Credits
    It won't play .flv or .ogg files, either. I don't remember when I stopped using WMP, but I haven't used it in years. Of course, now WMP isn't even an option for me, since I don't use Windows at home.

ditto
    Corfy
    Laugh at life or life will laugh at you.
    Website | DVD Collection