Thanks Thanks:  0
    Credits

Angry This is how our justice system works…

This is not a joke, this was true and it happened this week.

Last Tuesday a junkie walked to a police officer and tells him that he wants to get out of the street life and wanted to be arrested in order to be clean of drugs, to enter to a rehab system, or something to snap him out of addiction. The police officer told him that there was no reason to arrest him, so he proceeds to empty his pockets, showing the officer some cocaine and crack. The officer then proceeded to arrest the man. Two days later a judge released the guy telling that there is no reason to hold him. They don’t only took the guy back to street, with no rehab program, no nothing….they even kept 14 dollars, (a fortune for a junkie), that the guy had at the time of the arrest!!! So no arrest, no rehabilitation program and the police even robbed the guy. I loved our justice system.

Why don't we just finish the job by flushing our brains down the toilet?

My DVD Collection

Credits
    So the only way to get into rehab is if your arrested and the judge says you get rehab? Which country did this happen in?
    Homer Simpson: "I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman."

j7wild Guest
    I think Htitos is in Puerto Rico

Credits
    Quote Originally Posted by goodasgold View Post
    So the only way to get into rehab is if your arrested and the judge says you get rehab? Which country did this happen in?
    You can go into rehab if you or your family cover the charge, but to get it for free, it has to come from a court order. Most of the time first time drug offenders, (if the charge is possession), could get to choose between jail time or rehab.

Credits
    Just joined, I think what the junkie should done is it the Policeman since he tried the conventional nice mode. The only reason I can see that he didn't get rehab, is the money issue. always the money issue. I feel for this junkie, he reckonised he has a problem & nobody gives a sh*t........

Credits
    I agree that your Justice system is not right, because for him the only option to get in jail and get clean from drugs is to kill someone or rob a bank so he can get to jail.
    I guess your justice system will change in time?

Credits
    I remember what a professor at University hammered into our heads day after day, "We (Canadians) do not have a Justice system, we have a Legal system."
    Sgt. Johnny Beaufort: He says, "The Apaches are a great race," sir. "They've never been conquered. But it is not well for a nation to be always at war. The young men die... the women sing sad songs... and the old ones are hungry in the winter."
    Fort Apache